Silent War Part 2

Over the past few days, they've been giving each other nothing but the cold shoulder. They didn't eat together, they didn't talk to each other, they most definitely did not sleep together anymore.

Ling Lan wanted to be out of their place that simply a silent prison now. So she left. She walked past the front room where Li Lanfeng was situated and headed for the door.

There wasn't a single word of acknowledgment as she didn't even spare him a glance.

The look in her eyes told him that he no longer entered her eyes.

Ling Lan walked past him without a word. That familiar indifference made his heart drop to the pit of his stomach. It was so familiar that he felt as if his world would collapse if she continued to look at him in such a way. It was a gaze that he never wanted to see rest upon himself, something that could send him into a panic attack out of the feeling of pure abandonment.

We're they that similar?

...

A cold wind pricked Ling Lan's skin the moment she exited the tall building. Amidst the open sky, cool grey clouds reigned over the land blocking every ray of sunlight, leaving no warmth for anything underneath. A helpless sigh escaped her lips as she walked off to wherever her feet may take her. Never once did she cast a glance at her surroundings not did she take note of the time. Everything was a blur.

Somehow she found her way past other people into a bar and seated herself at the end of the table, yet she hadn't ordered a thing. It was a well-lit place with high ceilings. At this time of day, everyone was busy so the beautiful place had a lot fewer customers than it would've had at night. Ling Lan leaned forward, her elbow placed on the counter while her hand held her chin. Her eyes were distant and indifferent as if she was detached from the world.

A wonderful work of art, a moment to be captured time. That's how anyone would describe this scene. Yet that same scene looked incomparably lonely.

She hated this type of feeling. It was a feeling of loss that she couldn't describe. She sighed in frustration.

A simple glass cup somehow found its way in front of her hand.

Her eyes looked up as her gaze met a smiling man in his late fifties.

"I didn't order anything..."

"It's on the house." The bartender spoke kindly to her. He had seen her lonely figure at the edge of the counter yet she hadn't spoken a word from the moment she entered.

She seemed to be having a rough day.

He turned around and continued his work all while speaking, "A girl like you shouldn't be sitting alone in a place like this."

"Then where should I be?"

"Anywhere but here, that's for sure."

He continued to make conversation with her, "Boy trouble?"

"...You could say so."

He turned around and leaned on the counter. "You just need some good advice."

"How would you know?" Ling Lan raised an eyebrow.

"Trust me, I can tell." He gave her a playful wink.

"Okay then, what advice would you give to a girl like me?" Ling Lan gave a light smile.

The man scratched the back of his head as an embarrassed blush tinted his cheeks, "Agh, I only have sons. I would know what to tell a young girl. The only thing I could offer my sons was to fight it out."

Ling Lan laughed a little. This was a normal principle in the federation, but she hadn't heard it in such a long time.

"Wise words always come from the elderly."