Helping Her Leopard

Ling Lan was resting pretty well when she heard someone shout.

"-OLD UP! I JUST WANT TO TALK!"

She just got in bed! Who would be yelling at this time, through the entire floor!? Ling Lan controlled her spiritual power and sent it outside to check. What she saw made her laugh.

Her leopard was being chased by some woman who kept trying to make conversation with him. He was truly annoyed. She knew how Li Lanfeng kept everyone but her at a distance, even when he had his gentle facade on. This was truly a bother for him.

I guess Number Four was right when she said you can't be too pushy with this type of person. The people's persistence was too high here.

'Should I help him out?'

Although she didn't want to get too deeply involved she didn't want him to suffer. If it was anyone else she would have toned them out and gone back to sleep. But he was her confidant and closest friend. And it's not like he would recognize her. At most he would think she was doing a kind favor out of becoming acquaintances earlier.

Ling Lan took back her spiritual power and ventured towards the door. She opened it and turned towards their direction. The funny sight she came to was 'Nalan Zhan' being backed into a corner by a woman dressed in a white off the shoulder wrap shirt with a plunging v-neck, a short black pencil skirt and some white high heels. Showing a bit too much for comfort.

They both turned towards her when her door opened up. She laughed for a moment before asking Li Lanfeng, "Are you coming in?"

...

"Oh come on, just have a little fun with me, alright?" A wink was flashed at him. This woman was getting on his nerves. She had somehow managed to back him into a corner. This was too humiliating!

"I already said no, so please go your way and I'll go mine." Why can't Ling Lan be here. One look from him and anyone would turn the other way as if their life depends on it.

"I'll go wherever you go." She said coquettishly, "It doesn't have to be long-" before she could finish her sentence she was interrupted by the sound of a door cracking open. Li Lanfeng and the woman turned their heads to see Huang Xixia peaking her head out the door to look over at them.

Li Lanfeng didn't even know they shared the same floor. She laughed when she looked at them, well him more specifically. He could tell that she was laughing at his predicament.

"Are you coming in?" She asked. He knew she directed this question at him, trying to help him out of his situation.

'Thank goodness!' Li Lanfeng was exclaiming with relief on the inside. But before he could answer the woman in front of him spoke for him.

"No, can't you see we're busy? " annoyance was laced through her voice. No one liked being interrupted when they're trying to have a moment. Not that the mood was there in the first place.

Ling Lan stepped out her door and leaned on the frame with her arms crossed wearing a pair of black shorts and a black night shirt to go with it. Ling Lan lacked any sort care she could have for the woman. So she blatantly ignored her and repeated her question to Li Lanfeng.

"Are you coming?" She gestured her head towards the inside of her room. They both didn't need to take any longer getting rid of the disturbance.

Li Lanfeng didn't even give the woman any time of day and just walked straight towards Ling Lan. Once he entered she shut the door and locked it. They could hear the wailing and screeching of the woman outside.

"Sorry for butting into your personal business." Ling Lan said with a weary smile. It really wasn't her place, but she couldn't leave him out there to suffer.

"No. I'd rather thank you. It was too much trouble to deal with her." He was grateful that someone was able to help him. And it was someone he knew, well got acquainted with recently.

"How did you get yourself into that?" She put emphasis on the 'that'. She hadn't left that long ago. It hadn't even been thirty minutes when she first heard them.

Li Lanfeng sighed. Since she was nice enough to help him out he told her how the woman came out of nowhere and kept trying to cling onto him. She was even trying to get into his room before she, Huang Xixia, came into the picture.

"Haha, I can't blame her. Even with a mask on you'd be perfect eye candy for anyone." Ling Lan held her chin in contemplation. Now that she was no longer dressing as a man, Ling Lan felt as if she could give her complements more freely. She wouldn't be mistaken for a gay male when she did as she was a lady now. And she was telling the truth. Which one of her companions wasn't attractive. Li Lanfeng was the most attractive out of all of them, even when in disguise. Even she had trouble resisting him sometimes.

Li Lanfeng was stunned at how bold she was when saying that. But when he looked into her eyes they were clear and bright. And she didn't look like she had any designs on him. He told himself not to over think it. And just gave a slight smile.

"You'll probably have to stay here for a few minutes before you could go back to your room." That woman wasn't going to leave that quickly. You could still hear her from the other side of the door.

Ling Lan had used room service to report her 'disturbance' and call security.

"You can stay hear until security comes to get her. I'll be back in my room. Just knock if you need anything." With that Ling Lan went back to her room leaving him in the living room by himself.

Li Lanfeng looked around at Huang Xixia's apartment room. It was neat and tidy with the simple furniture from the inn.

He walked over from where he was standing and landed himself on one of the couches to close his eyes and waited for security to take the mad woman outside away.

After a few moments he could hear the women's shrieks get louder before leading off into the distance and completely disappearing. The floor quickly regained it's silence.

Li Lanfeng got up after a few minutes to leave. Before he touched the passcode bar he hesitated. After a moment he wrote a simple note and left for his room.

Once he left Ling Lan's eyes abruptly open back up as she appeared in the front room. She picked up the note and smirked.

It was a simple 'thank you'.

"Li Lanfeng, when did you become so polite?"

With that she returned to bed only to wake back up when sunlight cracked through her window at dawn.