Captivation

After coming out of the hidden club, Ling Lan and Li Lanfeng started to walk out of the alley so that they could get a taxi home. Li Lanfeng and Ling Lan walked in silence. As they walked Ling Lan remembered something she wanted to ask back in the club.

"When did you learn to play the role of a lover?"

Li Lanfeng paused his steps and looked at her inquisitively."Why'd you ask?"

Ling Lan also stopped walking and shook her head, "Your expression, it was too real. I didn't believe that love is something a person could recreate so readily. But you almost made me think I was your real lover."

Li Lanfeng thought about it for a second. "Maybe because I'm actually in love?"

"How deep in love do you have to be to be able to mimic that expression so naturally?" Ling Lan continued to walk, followed by Li Lanfeng. It was ludicrous. Ling Lan felt slightly jealous. She still hadn't even gotten a glimpse of love for herself, yet he had so much of it.

"Imagine the look I would have for my actual lover." He smiled. He was happy to talk about his love for Ling Lan so freely.

Ling Lan thought about and slightly shuddered. She whispered under her breath, "Obsessed." Li Lanfeng heard her, despite her whisper. His smile got a little bigger. It wasn't exactly a lie, his rabbit has always been his obsession since he was young. Now his rabbit became someone that he dedicated his life to, but he never thought it was a bad thing.

Ling Lan kept thinking and then chuckled a little, "With that type of love, I didn't think you'd agree to it."

"Agree to what?"

"Playing the role of my husband." Ling Lan put emphasis on the word 'husband'.

Li Lanfeng raised one of his beautiful brows, although it couldn't be seen."Why's that?"

"You had to pretend to be the lover of someone you didn't love. Wouldn't that make you a little uncomfortable." She certainly thought so. To dedicate so much love to one person but have to express it to someone else. She didn't believe it would be comfortable.

Li Lanfeng answered immediately, "Separate the real from the fake." When he thought about it, his actions were completely and utterly shameless, as well as helpless, in front of his king. If this was when he first fell in love with Ling Lan his cheeks would have been dusted a fine shade of pink. But after getting used to his own shamelessness he didn't even bat any eyelash at anything but Ling Lan.

"Besides, missions for the military required you to play different roles. You should know this." He looked at her suspiciously.

"That wasn't a mission. You weren't forced to do anything." Ling Lan spoke indifferently.

Li Lanfeng shrugged slightly, "Then it's because it was the easiest way to get rid of her." Just thinking of Sue Wei Wei made him cringe. "Speaking of which, where did you learn?" He switched the topic.

Ling Lan looked sideways at him, "Didn't you just say the answer?"

Li Lanfeng thought about it and still felt like something was wrong. Even if she was at peak of refinement stage, it's harder for women to advance in the military, so they wouldn't send her out for any missions so casually. Especially if they required her to play a special role. Yet her skills were above what the average military soldier needed.

Ling Lan saw that he was skeptical about her answer. She kept a natural smile on her face but didn't say anything. She couldn't tell him she learned it in the learning space. Nor could he know about her true position in the military, or else she would possibly give away too much information about her current self. Instead she said one word.