Big brother

Away from the chaos that was Li Lanfeng and Ling Lan, the same young woman excitedly walked into her home.

"Brother! I found you a bride!"

A young man who was busy entertaining himself by teasing a white cat looked over, his face filled with wonder trying to figure out how his younger sister managed to find another woman she liked.

"Li'er, didn't you say the last one was the last one? Why are you still hung up on getting me a girlfriend?" He picked up the kitten and turned towards the girl who entered his house. She had been setting him up on date after date ever since his 28th birthday passed. A year had passed since then and she had not succeeded in finding him a match.

"Because I can't accept not having a sister-in-law after so long!" She rolled her eyes.

Looking at her brother's unwillingness she had no choice but to persuade him, "I promise this one is perfect!" Her eyes sparkled, a look that was worrying for her elder brother, "If she doesn't work I'll stop trying to find you a bride!" But she will!

He stared hard at her excited face. She seemed very pleased with her so-called work. "This is the last one. Remember that." He had always pampered this sister of his who was half a decade younger than him.

"There won't be a need for another one." With a sure-fire grin, she spoke, very proud of her decision.

*A week later*

Ling Lan pulled out a chair and sat down at one of the tables outside. Where she sat was a simple dessert shop that Bai Li had recommended to meet up at. She had long ago headed out. Today was one of the days Bai Li wanted to meet with her again. They had already met a few times this past week. Apparently, today was different as she was bringing someone else along with her.

An older sibling she said. She went on and on about how much she was doted on and how kind and wonderful they were. How pretty their hair was and how much she thought they could get along well. Maybe she could have another girlfriend added to her life.

She leaned back on her chair and crossed her legs as she looked at the menu in hand.

It didn't take long for her to hear that lively voice. She looked up from the menu and spotted two figures walking towards her.

"There she is!" An excited wave was thrown her way. Bai Li came pulling a man by her side, someone around her age, "Sorry for the delay!"

They didn't mean to arrive late, but Bai Li kept taking a long time to debrief him on his new bride as she liked to call her. Exactly why it took so long when she knew so little was not something he understood. Maybe it was a superpower... or a curse.

Bai Yun looked in exasperation at Bai Li and then up at the person his sister wanted him to meet with today. No wonder his sister found her so appealing. Such a person was bound to be liked by the masses. The air around her was calm and indifferent, yet very enthralling. As for how those descriptions blended so perfectly he couldn't describe. She possessed a pair of soul-stirring eyes that rid him of all thoughts. That pair of obsidian eyes locked onto him. Clear and luminescent as glass. He partially forgot himself at the moment.

"Nice to meet you." When Bai Li brought up an older sibling she had thought it was a girl she was talking about. Her assumptions were wrong.  Ling Lan greeted him as she evaluated the man in front of her carefully. Long brown hair was carefully kept to the back of his head in a ponytail. A nice build and kind yet firm eyes, although a little distracted at the moment.

"Ah. I'm sorry, my name is Bai Yun. Huang Xixia, right?" His brown eyes softened in the light of the sun. "Thank you for taking care of my sister for the past few days." He spoke charmingly. Bai Li sighed in relief when her brother came to his senses, or else she would have pinched him.