plans for the day

Time had passed fairly quickly. It's been a week since they've moved in and morning had come once again. Ling Lan opened her eyes completely forgetting that she was sleeping with someone. So when she woke up to see Li Lanfeng staring at her she had to quickly restrain herself from punching him. He scared the living crap out of her!

"What the hell!" Ling Lan instantly raised herself up and backed up. She pressed her hand on her chest. She had to calm down her raging heart. She stared at him incredulously.

That shout woke up Li Lanfeng from his stupor. He asked what happened and Ling Lan stared at him as if he was stupid. Did he not know he was starting?

Ling Lan started mumbling to herself. "Are you serious? I almost punched you. Your looking to get crippled." If she didn't hold back in time she doesn't even know if he would have lived.

Li Lanfeng only just regained his senses and caught bits of what she said. He chuckled when she mumbled about crippling him. He was an imperial realm formidable warrior. She was at refinement stage, atleast that's what he thought. She couldn't hurt him in any way.

Ling Lan heard him laugh and looked up. She could guess what he was laughing about. Ling Lan held her face remembering that he could only see her at refinement stage.

'If only you knew...'

Li Lanfeng stared at her a little longer and Ling Lan was curious about why he was looking at her like that. "What's the matter?" Li Lanfeng just smiled and leaned back on the pillow before saying, "You're very beautiful." He complimented naturally. He paused and observed her stunned gaze before saying, "you don't have to take that any special way, I was just saying the truth."

Ling Lan didn't know what to do with herself. She could tell that he was on one part genuine and on the other part trying to appease her for staring. She wasn't exactly used to compliments on her looks, and which girl didn't like to be praised for them. Ling Lan already knew she had amazing features and if it was anyone else she could brush it off as something said in passing. But her leopard complimented her when she was using a hidden identity. She didn't know how to feel.

"When since do you give compliments?" She's never heard him compliment anything about anyone's appearance or anything for that matter.

"You're allowed to give compliments but I can't return the favor?" Li Lanfeng turned onto his side and asked with a raised eyebrow.

Ling Lan had given him many compliments since they've met.

"So you don't like compliments?" He asked questioningly.

"No, that was just to unexpected." Ling Lan sighed, "Forget it, I'm getting up." It was truly too hard to deal with him this early in the morning. Ling Lan got up and got some clothes before heading to the bathroom.

Li Lanfeng laughed before he laid back down and started thinking about the past week. It was just too familiar. There is no way they can be that similar but they were. The feeling that he got from staying around Ling Lan was the same one he got from Huang Xixia every so often. It was the type of feeling that he wanted to hord for himself. But how was that possible? They were completely different people.

The biggest difference was that Ling Lan was man. Xixia was obviously a lady! So why? Did they know each other? Were they connected? No, It's too early to jump to conclusions. There were many people who had similar auras.

'But that's Ling Lan's aura...' how could anyone have that in common with a person like Ling Lan? Something kept nagging at him for it, but he couldn't figure it out.

This was too much to think about this early in the morning- actually it was ten in the morning and was pretty late time to wake up. Li Lanfeng took a deep breath before deciding to make breakfast.

...

Ling Lan had gotten out of the bathroom, dressed in some day clothes. She noticed that her 'husband' was no longer in the room. She didn't worry about it though. The only other place he could be was the front of their apartment. Ling Lan casually walked in the living area and saw him making breakfast.

"I'm out." She announced, making her presence known. He didn't need to turn around or hear her for her to be known. But it made things more casual between them.

"Food's almost done, take a seat." Ling Lan followed his orders and set herself down at the table. Soon he came out of the kitchen with two sets of food. They ate in comfortable silence for a while before any one of them talked.

"Any plans for the day?" Li Lanfeng started first.

"No, my job ended earlier than expected." Ling Lan stretched her arms in satisfaction. Food was really amazing. "Therefore, until I find something to do with all my extra time, I'm free." She still had one week before she had to resume any training with Number Four and for the past week she had been going out and became pretty familiar with where they were living.

Hearing that she was done with working here Li Lanfeng realized that he didn't know what she worked as. Although, she didn't know his job either. But he was still curious.

"What is your job?"

"Military work." Wasn't exactly a lie. Ling Lan also had the job of being an emperor but he didn't need to know that.

Li Lanfeng gave her a look that said, 'What does the military need on a romance based planet.'

Ling Lan gave him a smile that said, 'I could ask you the same.' For all she knew the Lawless Lands didn't have anything to do with Planet Bliss.

They both looked at each other for a before they, in an unsaid mutual understanding, decided not to dig any deeper. They weren't enemies after all.

Li Lanfeng thought of the work he had to do this evening and had a thought. "Do you have clothes for a party scene?" He asked.

Ling Lan looked at him in suprise. Why would he ask that. It's not like she didn't have any, it's just that the question was so random. She cautiously nodded her head, wondering what he was playing at.

He smiled, "Come with me this evening." She said she had nothing better to do after all.

"Where to exactly?" Her leopard wasn't planned on selling her or something, was he? She felt suspicious.

Li Lanfeng got up and took the plates away, "Don't worry. Just get dressed and come with me this evening." Ling Lan was unsure but still agreed.