Recuperation

Yesterday was gone, today was a new day. A new day was always going to bring new challenges. One of these challenges was a missing Li Lanfeng. Can someone explain to Ling Lan why she woke up to an empty bed this morning? She stretched out her hand and touched the other side of the bed. It was cold.

'As expected. There's still some work to be done.' She knew it wouldn't be easy.

Ling Lan stood in front of the table. Breakfast was ready, steaming hot with a mouth-watering fragrance. But Li Lanfeng was missing.

No, missing wasn't exactly the right word. Ling Lan's eyes shifted to a corner. Despite not being visible at all she knew he was there. As for why he wasn't here beside her, she didn't know. They went to bed on pretty good terms last night.

Ling Lan turned to his hidden corner only to feel his presence appear in an entirely new place. This made Ling Lan raise an eyebrow and somewhat smirk. As amusing as this look-don't-touch behavior was it really made her question his resolve from yesterday. He was really quick to cling to her.

But since she knew he was still trying to adjust she'll be patient.

As for Li Lanfeng in question he wanted to cry in his corner. He himself wanted to be everywhere near his Ling Lan, but his body didn't follow his will!

Ling Lan was right when she said he was a little quick. His mind was whirlwind!

It's fine, just continue as normal. You'll get use to it... eventually. That what he told himself. It was the only thing he could do.

"I'll be back later." the door closed the moment she finished talking.

The moment he felt Ling Lan's presence disappear from the building his physical body finally appeared. He looked at the door in melancholy. He really needed to work on himself. And quick. You know, just casually adjust every one of his world views. Ling Lan made him do that a lot through out his life.

....

*Day three*

There was high chance that she would absolutely break Li Lanfeng if he didn't take his eyes off her and just appear in front of her within the next second.

Ling Lan's eye twitched at Li Lanfeng's unceasing gaze. He stared at her so intently that she felt goosebumps travel up her back. Whether it was blatantly across from her or from some hidden corner. Either way, she could sense it all!

Exactly how long was he going to take?

...

*Day Five*

"Water, please." a glass of crystal clear water appeared right in her hand a few seconds later. Ling Lan took a sip and glanced to the side of her. She knew very well that Li Lanfeng was just a few meters away from her. Progress, but not nearly enough. She wanted him in front of her. Not gazing from the shadows or safety of his domain.

At least simple requests were possible. But seeing him without forcing him was still out of the question. It was like living with a ghost.

This slow pace really wasn't to her liking. Now she had to act personally.

*Day seven*

Li Lanfeng was angry with himself. He was wasting valuable time! This was a whole week without proper interaction with the love of his life.

"My cute little brother, have you ever studied psychology?" Li Lanfeng had an innocent pleading look on his face. His hands were tucked underneath his head as it laid on the table, making his cuteness stand out much more.

Li Shiyu looked at Li Lanfeng like he was a new creature. It was one thing to hear Li Lanfeng got married, but he actually fell in love with the woman! He really wanted to cut open Li Lanfeng's head and see how he worked. Or at least know which monster was good enough to turn him away from their almighty leader.