Stolen Lover

"Really?" Ling Lan could help but grumble at her predicament. She hated her inability to cook.

Li Lanfeng noticed Huang Xixia grumbling on the bed. He was currently sitting at the foot of the bed going over something on a virtual screen when he discovered her mumbling. It was a little funny.

"What's wrong?" He might as well see what's bothering her.

Ling Lan found herself wallowing in self pity when she heard him. She simply looked up and stated, "I can't cook." She pouted. Because she was no longer hiding her features behind her cold expression more emotions started to get displayed on her face. She looked like a lost puppy.

Li Lanfeng was blank for a moment before he burst out laughing. Were all his supposed lovers unable to cook?

Ling Lan groaned and lied back down on a pillow. "Please, stop laughing at my misery." This was bad enough and Li Lanfeng's laughter only got louder.

"This is torture." Ling Lan always had a big appetite but she couldn't even do anything about it personally. She felt like crying.

Li Lanfeng stood up before speaking, "Wait here." Then he walked towards the kitchen.

'Is he gonna cook for me?'

Ling Lan's was going to die of happiness. His food was all she used to eat back at the lawless lands. If this marriage meant she could have his food while she's here, she'd be happy to take part in this marriage.

Soon a delicious fragrance wafted into the room. Ling Lan got up and decided to go to the kitchen to see how he was doing.

Ling Lan walked into the kitchen to see her leopard working in the kitchen. It was a sight she could watch forever.

'My leopard is really a god-sent gift. Not only does he have a pretty face but he can cook as well. I'd be happy if my husband had the same charm to him.'

Ling Lan seems to have forgotten that she was currently married to her leopard.

Li Lanfeng noticed her presence earlier and turned around to see her leaning over the counter with gentle eyes. He didn't know if she was looking at him or the food.

"It's almost done, just give me a few more minutes." Ling Lan nodded her head and just continued to stare. You really couldn't tell what she was staring at.

Then, out of the blue she told him something.

"Your very handsome when you cook. You know that, right?" She said that with a straight face.

Li Lanfeng almost toppled over from the sudden compliment. He gave a weary smile, "You're very generous with complements you know."

"Not really. Just stating the truth." She simply shrugged at it. He was truly too beautiful.

Li Lanfeng walked over and placed the dishes on the table. Ling Lan eyes sparkled at the sight. They both sat down and ended up having a meal together.

...

Ling Lan had just finished her meal and let out a breath of satisfaction before smiling at Li Lanfeng. Her eyes were shaped like crescents when she told him, "You're heavenly."

Li Lanfeng was taken aback by her expression. It was too similar to Ling Lan's. Although Ling Lan rarely smiled, he was the one who saw his smile the most. And with how obsessive he was over him he would never make a mistake about it.

'How could someone have such a similar smile?'

Li Lanfeng lowered his head instinctively.

Ling Lan noticed his change in attitude. She walked over to his side and took hold of his hand by impulse. It was something she grew use to doing when he entered this state. What was wrong with him now?

"What happened?"

He was snapped out of his daze by a warm hand on his. He looked at the owner of the hand to see the growing concern in her eyes.

'It's too similar.'

How was it possible for two people to be so alike?

He shook his head. "Nothing. I was remembering a friend." He wasn't going to directly tell her about his life.

Ling Lan knew he was lying but let the matter go. Ling Lan rubbed his hand with her thumb. Why did she feel like she was taking advantage of him? Was she really doing that even in disguise? But his fair hands were smooth and nice. Ling Lan liked how smooth they were. But she couldn't keep this going for too long or else she would seem like she had a weird obsession of some sort.

Ling Lan coolly took back her hand and thanked him for the food.

Li Lanfeng was missing the warm feeling on his hand. "No problem. Truthfully, I learned to cook just for the person I liked."

Ling Lan found this notion funny. She leaned on the counter top and said, "I don't know if I feel bad or happy to take another person's lover."

Li Lanfeng chuckled, "Well, you're in luck. No matter how much I tried they didn't seem to get the hint. It had me wondering if they were really that clueless or was just trying to avoid it all together." Li Lanfeng felt like he could write an entire essay on how dense that man was.

Ling Lan remembered talking about this to him before. She furrowed her brows and mumbled, "She still hasn't caught on yet?"

"Did you say something?"

"No." Ling Lan shook her head.

Before they could continue their conversation Li Lanfeng got a call.

"Sorry, I have to take this." Li Lanfeng smiled apologetically before going into the room and shutting the door.

When he got the call it reminded Ling Lan that she was going to have to make a call to her mother in two months. That was going to be a hard call to make.

Ling Lan sat down on a sofa and started to think back on what she was supposed to be doing.

With the help of the learning space and Number Four it took a way shorter time than expected for her to regain her female identity. Only four months has passed out of her twelve and she had eight more to go. At most she would only be meditating and studying with Number Four since she had nothing else to do. And she now had to stay with Li Lanfeng for three months. She might have to cut her trip down if she gets too bored. Or maybe find another planet to visit.

Ling Lan continued to think until she fell asleep on the couch. With her asleep she didn't hide her face behind a reduced aura. Her naturally gentle aura unexpectedly seeped out without her notice.