Crushing his hopes

"Since you're done we can take you back home. Pack your stuff. We'll head out immediately." Ling Xiao wanted to get out with his family (excluding this new son-in-law) immediately.

"Yeah, that can't happen." Ling Lan answered.

"Why not!?" He didn't want to spend another minute here.

"We still have to stay here, by law, for one more week before we can go." Ling Lan emphasized that 'law'.

Ling Xiao was crying internally. His precious little girl had to stay with this 'creature' for another week. What the hell!

"You're sure you can't leave with us?" Ling Xiao started to look desperate. He trusted his daughter, he just didn't trust, more precisely didn't want to trust, Li Lanfeng. All men where beast! How could his precious, innocent, cute daughter live with such a beast!

"I'm sure." Ling Lan deadpanned and ended the conversation there.

"Big Brother Li, can I speak to you outside."

Li Lanfeng was surprised that it was Lou Chou who called him but still obliged. Once they exited the door he was faced with a death glare.

"Li Lanfeng, I swear on my life, if Ling Lan ever gets hurt because of you or her getting hurt has an inkling of relation to you you'll wish you were dead."

Li Lanfeng raised an eyebrow in response. Was she threatening him? Wasn't she supposed to be a soft and kind little sister?

"I don't care how or what I have to do, just know I will get it done. Whether that means separating you and Ling Lan or having you killed on the spot." She narrowed her eyes. "I don't think I'll be the only one on your tail. Our brothers and the Lingtian army won't let you go until the day you die. Do! You! Understand!?" She whisper shouted that last statement.

Li Lanfeng absentmindedly nodded his head, astounded by the changes in her attitude. After finishing her statement and getting the answer she wanted Lou Chou went back to the shy sweet girl she was and smiled at him.

"Take care of Ling Lan for me, okay?" After she was satisfied she walked back into the room with a bright face, as if she wasn't the one who threatened him with the entirety of their army. He walked back inside and sat directly beside Ling Lan, much to Ling Xiao's displeasure. But Ling Lan stopped him from doing anything before he could even try anything.

"It's getting a little late, you guys should hurry to your wherever you're staying." This completely stopped them from trying to stay over. She wasn't trying to be rude to her parents or friends. It's just that she doesn't think her leopard could hold on if this ensued. She reminded her father to pay for the door to be fixed before she was finally able to get them out of her home. Li Lanfeng instantly collapsed on her the second she came from the doorway.

"What did I do to make your father hate me so much? He even hated me before I fell in love with you." He couldn't understand it. All he ever tried to do was make a good impression on them since the first time they met.

Ling Lan softly laughed, "That's what you did wrong. Fall in love with me." She didn't think her father would go this crazy but who knew...

Li Lanfeng groaned. He was too exhausted to give a proper response.

"Come on." Ling Lan made him hold onto her and basically carried him back to the room with her. She laid him down on the bed but he wouldn't let go of her.

"Lanfeng."

"Rabbit, come here." He refused to let her go and dragged her on the bed with him. Ling Lan didn't feel the need to fight with him and laid down beside him. The moment she got settled Li Lanfeng came closer and cuddled into her, wrapping his arms around her waist with a familiar motion and placing his head in the curve of her shoulder and neck. He deeply inhaled Ling Lan's familiar scent as if to refill him with some sort of fuel.

Ling Lan showed a weary smile at his actions. She still had to get used to this side of him but nevertheless allowed him to do whatever he wanted.

"Your ex-fiancé just threatened me outside the door." Ling Lan laughed softly.

"I know." She could hear them even if they were whispering. Well- it was more of a one-sided conversation. She loved her little sisters.

"Will I have to deal with that again back in the Lawless Lands?" Who knew how they would react to their marriage.

"Who knows." She thought of how she would have to tell them the truth after what was twenty years of brotherhood. "Then again, they might try to fight you because of it." Thinking of those battle maniacs, if they remained her brothers, as long as she didn't stop them, who knows how far they would go? Would they be the same as Little Four who always thought someone was trying to steal their Boss?

Li Lanfeng felt helpless. He could also feel Ling Lan holding back a laugh. Then he thought of something evil. He hugged her tighter and pulled Ling Lan onto his lap before slyly looked into Ling Lan's eyes and with a grin asked, "So~ when do you want to comply with your mother's wishes?" He gave Ling Lan a suggestive wink with his pretty face.

He could see Ling Lan pause for a moment. Ling Lan was reminded not only of her mothers words but also her most recent training. No matter how much she thought she was taught enough, there was always more to be learned according to Instructor Number Four. The air in the room became increasingly dangerous. Seeing Ling Lan pause his hand gripped her thigh and leaned in on her face. Li Lanfeng gave her a light peck before disappearing from the scene of the crime. He knew he might have to face Ling Lan's wrath later on. He could hear her shout, "Li! Lan! Feng! I swear, if my father doesn't kill you, I will!" He chuckled before disappearing into the unknown to let Ling Lan cool off.

Li Lanfeng's habit of teasing Ling Lan seems to have been emboldened as of late. Ling Lan didn't know how long she could live if he continued to tease her like that, blood loss may become a serious problem. And it was usually her teasing him! Not the other way around! It was a blessing and a curse to have a beautiful husband.