Breathtaking

Ling Lan took back her gaze and searched for a place to set her stuff down. She found a nice patch of grass underneath a shady tree. After placing down her items she took of the clothes she was wearing to reveal the swimsuit underneath.

Yes, the same swimsuit that she and Number Nine had to fight Number Four to buy.

It was a white spaghetti strap cut out one piece with bow knot in the middle of her chest (this is definitely better than what number four wanted). It showed off her long legs and extraordinary figure, along with her healthy white skin.

She stepped into the water. It was cold, easily sending a chill up anyone's spine, but perfect for the resisting the hot sun, though the temperature didn't bother her one bit.

Soon Ling Lan was fully immersed in the water sinking down for a bit before opening up her eyes.

Amazing.

She could see streams of light break through the surface of the water as small fish danced through the current. There was a rainbow of aquatic plants in the shallows of the water while larger aquatic animals thrived in deeper levels. Ling Lan had a new layer of respect for the place.

Although Ling Lan's inate talent was ice related, she could still control all states of water, whether doing it externally or becoming it herself. She can spend hours under water without a care in the world. This was like a second home for her.

As Ling Lan spent her entire evening at the lake, Li Lanfeng could get nothing done due to a life sized pest.

The woman from last night didn't seem to learn her lesson and continued to bother him. She was chatting his ears off and didn't seem to be slowing down, despite his obvious disinterest in her. This has gone on for three hours since eleven in the morning.

He had enough and straightforwardly asked her, "Can you go? I'm busy and you're not making this any easier."

'Why? Why did she choose me of all people to bother!?'

If it wasn't for the fact that they were in public, he couldn't promise that he wouldn't have used his scythe to make her disappear for life.

The woman seemingly understood that she was annoying him too much. But she couldn't give up just yet.

"I'll give up..." Li Lanfeng was about to let out a sigh of relief when she finished her sentence, "if you go to the lake with me." Li Lanfeng was ready to give up on life.

"If I go with you to the lake, will you stop bothering me?"

"Yes!!" She exclaimed hoping he didn't see through her lie. Sadly, he did.

Li Lanfeng spoke in a more forceful tone, " If you're not serious about this then forget it." He stated it plain and simple. He wasn't going to run around in circles for someone he didn't care about.

The woman pouted but agreed, truthfully this time.

Li Lanfeng put on a pleasant, yet fake, smile when he got up. The woman took this opportunity to latch herself onto his arm. Although he disliked the contact he let it go so that they could move on faster.

Although Li Lanfeng would have only taken an hour to get their on his own, this woman dragged their journey alone out for a full four hours before reaching their destination.

When they finally stood infront of the lake, Li Lanfeng completely forgot about the woman behind him. He could only think of one word.

'Breathtaking'

Stars were already peeking out and the clear sky had turned a cool, deep shade of blue. But that wasn't it.

The sky was reflected on the calm surface of the water, as if there wasn't water their at all. Only a sea of stars. The moonlight added an ethereal beauty to the place. Like it was meant to be home of a beautiful water spirit.

Before he could take in more of the sight the woman behind him spoke.

"They say you can find your soulmate if they're in the water with you. The waters supposed to glow with delight."

Li Lanfeng had an inkling of what she wanted to do and swiftly dodged to the side. The young miss, with outstretched hands, fell into the water with a splash. Li Lanfeng didn't care what happened to her and was about to go to the other side of the lake.

But then he heard her calling out for him.

"HELP! I CAN'T SWIM!"

Li Lanfeng sneered.

'How idiotic do you have to be to try get in the water with someone else and not know how to swim.'

It was truly this woman's false expectation, to think that she would be held in the water by him. The romantic and cinematic scene she so desperately hoped for was bound to never happen and she seemed to catch onto this at the very last second.

He was about to go when she spluttered something else. "My daddy's... president of inn if... you- you'll be sorry!" She couldn't speak properly due to the collective garbles of sounds that was held captive by the suffocating intake of water.

Her splashing completely ruined the peace of the lake.

Oh? She wanted to threaten him with only that?

Li Lanfeng was about to walk away when he felt the presence of another person.

...

A little further away Ling Lan was watching the scene. This woman was really stupid! She actually bothered Li Lanfeng for so long!

Ling Lan had sensed people coming to the lake and hid her presence slightly deeper in the water. She quickly found out who it was from the woman's voice and went to hide on one of the floating islands.

When she heard the woman's words she really couldn't believe that she was trying to threaten Li Lanfeng with these words. But she still didn't want him to get in trouble.

She stopped hiding her presence and went to help the woman. She jumped back into the water and gracefully swam to the woman's side. As she rose out of the water she locked gazes with Li Lanfeng. He was surprised to see her there.

Soon, they snapped out of their trance. Ling Lan got to the side of the woman's side and held her above water. Li Lanfeng decided to stay and watch. Ling Lan rolled her eyes at him.

"As annoying as she is, it's still better to help her than get in trouble. You could have knocked her out and dragged her back if you had to."

"I only said I would come with her. Nothing more. She was the one who tried to push me in." Li Lanfeng really wished he could kill this woman, she was too infuriating!

"Fine." Ling Lan rolled her eyes and gave up on that topic. She told him to come take her. While handing the woman to him she purposefully froze a few sections of her clothes. It was unnoticeable but very much there. She would feel 'a little colder' than she should.

When Li Lanfeng took the woman out of the water he didn't expect her to have any spare energy left. Once she was standing properly she pushed him into the water when he turned around. He didn't expect it and fell forward.

"That's what you get- NO!!"

Ling Lan ended up catching him as he landed in the water. Li Lanfeng ended up latching onto her shoulders. But what they didn't expect was for the water to start glowing.