"Pretty, pretty words," Pan remarked.

"I love you, Ser," Mr Gold looked at Belle, "And I love you, Belle, you made me stronger," He said, making her eyes glass over.

"Stronger?" Pan questioned.

"Yes," Mr Gold said.

"But still no magic," Pan said.

Mr Gold turned to him, "Oh, but I don't need it. You see, you may have lost your shadow, but there's one thing you're forgetting," He said.

"And what's that?" Pan asked.

"So have I. I sent it away with something to hide," Mr Gold said and raised his hand into the air, summoning his shadow back with the dagger.

As Mr Gold takes hold of the dagger, the shadow goes back into him, before he forcibly holds Pan against himself, "What are you doing?!" Pan said.

"You see, the only way for you to die, is if we both die. And now...now, I am ready," Mr Gold said, before stabbing Pan in the back with the blade, which also impaled himself in the process.

now, I am ready," Mr Gold said, before stabbing Pan in the back with the blade, which also impaled himself in the process

Tears began to stream down Belle and Alana's cheeks as they watched Pan scream in pain, while Mr Gold remained silent. A cloud of black smoke covered Pan and when it dissipated, Malcolm was in stood in his place.

"Hello, Papa," Mr Gold said.

"Rumple, please. You can stop this, remove the dagger. We can start over," Malcolm smiled faintly, "We can have a happy ending," He said.

"Ah, but I'm a villain. And villains don't get happy endings.," Mr Gold said.

Mr Gold twisted the dagger to embed it deeper into both their wounds, making Malcolm gasp in agony as a golden light peeked out from the blade and began to shine even brighter. As Malcolm stopped resisting the inevitable, Mr Gold placed a kiss on his cheek, before the light engulfed them and they both disappeared out of existence.

The remaining scroll dropped to the ground, while the immobilization spell on the group wore off. All stood visibly in shock over the unexpected turn of events as Belle collapsed on the ground in a fit of grief.

"No...Rumple!" tears poured from Belle's eyes as she slumped over, "He's...He's gone," She said.

Alana knelt beside her, placing a hand on her back, "Belle," they looked at each other, seeing one another's emotion filled eyes, "I'm sorry," She said and they hugged each other.

Regina slowly knelt down, picking up the scroll, "Regina? Are you okay?" Mary Margaret asked.

"I'm fine," Regina said, standing back up.

Elias looked at Alana, "I'm sorry," He said.

"My father did what he had to do. He saved us," Alana stood up, looking at the Mayor, "Regina, don't let him die for nothing," She said.