chapter 30

Momoko's pov.

"So everything with a yellow sticker gets donated, and everything with a green sticker gets sold." I explained to Shigure. "Alright then. What exactly is everything that you want to donate?" He asked curiously. I thought about it as I looked around my living room. "Well, maybe some of the blankets, cushions, and the beds. And any old clothes I don't need anymore." I said. "As for the furniture here, it can all be sold for a good price." I said as I began to put a green sticker on the coffee table and couches.

"What of the TV? Will you be keeping it or not?" Shigure asked as he inspected the screen. "I don't know. I mean, it's a little bigger than yours, but maybe too big for your living room." I said as I went and stood next to him. "What of the hospital?" Shigure suddenly said. "Huh?" I looked at him confused. "I believe the orphans there would love such a big TV, don't you?" I looked up at him in awe before a huge smile took over my face. "Yeah!"

And so, Shigure and I spend the next three hours figuring out what would move with me, what would be sold and what would be donated. Even with how much time we spent, we still weren't finished, but we sure were exhausted. "Ahhh, I'm beat." Shigure said as he cracked his back. "What do you say to us taking a break getting some lunch?" He asked with a smile. I made thinking noises as I walked over to him. "Sure! But we'll have to go to a real estate agency afterward." I said as I took his hand in mine. Shigure let out a chuckle as he agreed to it.

3rd person pov.

The love birds found themselves in a nice café. They enjoyed themselves with some of their favorite dishes before Shigure was forced to pay for everything. Afterward, they went to a real estate agency. There, they were able to find that Momoko's property was very popular amongst families. So there was a very big possibility that they'll be able to sell the house very soon. And with that, the two happily returned to Shigure's house.

Shigure carried Momoko's luggage for her into his room. They planned on making the move slow so the kids won't freak out too much. "Hey, Shigure! I'm gonna make some tea, do you want some?" Momoko smiled sweetly. "That sounds lovely! I'll just move some things from the closet for you real quick." Shigure said as he continued to rummage in his closet.

Soon enough, he joined Momoko by the small table. "You know we're gonna have to tell the kids eventually." Momoko said as she handed the man his cup. "Oh? Well, if we're telling them, we should probably tell Ayame and Hatori." Shigure said in wonder. "Good grief. I can already hear the camotion coming from the damn snake." Momoko said as a tick mark appeared on her head, making Shigure chuckle.

"Anyway, how's the new book going?" Momoko asked curiously. "I'm afraid I can't tell you." Shigure smirked. "Huh!? Why not!?" Asked Momoko, taked aback. "It's a surprise. And besides, I dont want to ruin it for you." Momoko groaned at him, annoyed. "Now, now, you'll thank me later." Shigure said as he cupped her cheek, leaning in for kiss. "Then hurry up and finish it!" Momko said as she shoved his face away before he could get any closer. Now, it was Shigure's turn to be gloomy. Momoko smirked in victory.

Before they knew it, the kids were back from school. "We're back!" Tohru called as she ran in the house. "Welcome back. How was school today?" Momoko asked as Tohru gave her a bear hug. "Boring.." Kyo said with a growl. Tohru went on to explain all the things they went through during class, and Kyo was right it sounded so boring. Tohru then helped her aunt in the kitchen to make them some tea and snacks before she had to do her homework. Once all the teenagers were upstairs, doing homework, Momoko turned to Shigure, who was still sitting in his usual spot.

The realization of the situation finally kicked in for her. "How are we gonna tell them about this?" Momoko asked worriedly. Sensing the worry and confusion coming from her, Shigure quickly got to his feet and rushed over to her. Standing before her, he took her hand in his and cupped her cheek with his free hand. "Listen, sweetheart, everything will work out just fine. Those brats are growing up wonderfully. They'll understand. And besides, as soon as they do, the sooner their out of the house, and it'll just be the two of us alone in this big ol' house." Shigure said as a smirk grew on his face.

Momoko rolled her eyes and glared at the man before her playfully. "Is that all you think about?" She asked as Shigure smiled innocently. "At the moment, yes!" He answered. "You are such a perv!" Momoko playfully slapped his arm. "Momoko." Suddenly, Shigure got very serious, "All I want is to start a life with you. I can't bear the thought of you not being a day in my life again. I don't even know how I survived before you came back into my world." He went on. "Shigure.." Momoko had tears in her eyes from the joy she felt from his words.

She then jumped up on him and gave him a hug. Of course, he turned into a dog and all, but she didn't care. They sat there on the floor while Momoko had her arms wrapped around his neck and her face hidden in his fur. "I want that too." Momoko said between sniffs.

Time skip.

Momoko was in bed, under the covers, as she read a book. "Is that one of mine?" Shigure asked with a smirk as he climbed in next to her. "Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. Who could say." Momoko smirked back. "You are such a sly fox." Shigure joked. "Momoko?" Shigure said as a blush grew on his face. He looked like he was thinking hard about something, and he seemed a bit scared. When Momoko noticed, she sat up more, put away the book, and placed her hand on his shoulder. "What is it? Is something wrong?" She asked worriedly.

"It's just.. when all this is over, I need to ask you an extremely important question." Shigure informed her. This confused Momoko a bit. Momoko faced a lot in her life. Her parents basically abandoned her, and soon after, her sister did too. When she graduated, she lost her best friends who were the closest things she had to family. She fought in the war, lost good friends, and watched innocent people suffer. She was diagnosed with cancer and told to return home. When she did, she found out that her sister was gone.

She reunited with her niece and old friends. She, by some miracle, beat cancer. And now she was with the love of her life. Momoko went through a lot. She deserved the world. Shigure knew this and wanted to be the one to give it to her. "It's nothing you need to worry about. All you need to do is look forward to it." Shigure smiled as he planted a gentle kiss on her forehead. "I love you." Momoko was confused but still smiled at him. "I love you too."

T. B. C.