Arguing, and revealed secret

I was on my way to the hospital when I got an idea. A crazy one but still, it was good. I thought that it might be a good idea to bring Tohru here and see what I do there.

You
Hey kid mind visiting the hospital for soldiers for me, I'll be waiting

Tohru
I'll be right there!
Don't you worry about a thing!

So I continued on. I finally came to the place that I was looking for, when out of nowhere a car came rushing into the parking lot and came to a stop. Ayame, Hatori, Shigure, Tohru, Kyo, Yuki, Momiji and Kisa they all came out and rushed towards me. "Are you alright!?" "What happened!?" "Why do you have to go to the hospital!?" They bothered me with questions. I sweatdropped at their over reacting the situation.

"Slow down, hold on. I don't need to go to the hospital, some of my war buddies are here as well as war orphans. I'm here to visit them." I explained. "But you wanted me to visit you here!" Tohru said confused with tears in her eyes. "To visit my old squad mates with me." I told her. Everyone let out a sigh of relief. "Ookay, well I'm gonna go. You guys can come or go back to whatever it was you were doing." I said as I walked away.

"I vould love to zee ya ol friendz." Momiji said as he followed me inside, soon all the kids followed. "Mhmm, finding out what Momoko was like during the line of duty? How could I pass that up?" Ayame said as he grabbed both Shigure and Hatori and dragged them along. "Hey your the one who wants to know about her and her squad, so why are you dragging us with you?" Hatori growled. "Come now. Don't be such a sour puss." Shigure commented with a smirk.

Just before we could reach the counter when three dogs tackled me to the ground. "Oh my goodness! Are you okay aunty Momoko!?" Tohru asked. I only laughed as I struggled to get the dogs off me. "Hey, come on now! Who let you boys out of your cages again?" I heard a very familiar voice. "Seriously again!? Come on off, that's it." Another one said as someone pulled the dogs off me. "Well what do we have here?Sargent Yamaki!" I heard someone say and laughed slightly at the name. I grabbed the hands of my old friends as they pulled me up.

"Good to see you again Captain you too General." I smiled at them. "Man never thought I'd see my favorite old recruit again." General said as he took out his sugared and blow out the smoke. "Aunty Momoko are you okay!?" Tohru asked very worried. "Geez calm down kid. This is normal, especially with those three troublemaking dogs." I said as I looked over at the three dogs being dragged away. "Aunty? What's that about?" Captain asked confused. "Oh right, Captain, General, this is Tohru my sisters daughter, and all her friends." I said with a smile.

"Ah so your the daughter of the annoying sister and brother in law that drove Momoko here insane." "What's that supposed to mean?" Kyo asked as he eyed me suspiciously. "Let's just say there were times were I really wanted to punch my brother in laws face in, more importantly his family." I said through clenched teeth avoiding eye contact. "Let me guess your not here to see an old fart like General here, or a great companion like me. Your here to see the kids, am I right?" Captain asked, General wacked him over the head.

We were in the living area when a bunch of kids came running towards me. "Miss Momoko!!" "It's Sarge!" "Miss Momoko!" They yelled as they all ran up to me and gave me a hug. So for a while we sat around and listened to how the kids told each other stories. I then went to the vending machine to get a drink when I saw my old friend at the counter. "Nate?" I asked, he looked up and smiled brightly, "Momoko?" "Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes. Look at you! You look great!" I said as I went over to him.

He and I began to talk a lot, I haven't seen him in at least two years so knowing he's alive was a big relief. As time went Ayame came to get me. "Momo dear there you are! Oh who is this?" He asked looking at us confused. "This is an old friend." I said as with a smile. "Ayame this is Nate, Nate this is my childhood friend Ayame." I introduced them. Nate slowly came around the counter to reveal him in crutches, and his legs practically stiff as a bord. This is why I haven't seen him in so long, his legs are paralyzed, he's unable to move them at all. I suppose that's what war does to some people.

Nate held his hand out for a hand shake, Ayame hesitantly gave him his hand. I'm guessing he wasn't expecting this. Soon the time came to leave, I was a little sad to leave Nate and the kids, but it was already dark. I couldn't stop smiling, I was just so relieved to know Nate was alive. I couldn't help but notice the odd looks everyone was giving me, but I didn't care. And as always Tohru got me to eat and stay the knight at Shigures place. Why does the universe hate me so!?

We just finished eating and and were just chatting. For some reason Shigure was quiet and hardly ate anything. He seemed to be in a very bad mood for some reason. We were finally able to get Ayame to go home. I was exhausted after all that nonsense. Tohru, Yuki and Kyo were playing a card game as I sat besides them watching them play silently. I was getting annoyed with Shigure, one he wouldn't stop giving me a rather displeasing look every now and then, two he still wasn't acting like himself.

When he looked at me again was when I snapped. "Okay what's your problem!?" I asked looking him dead in the eye. He looked away and grumbled, "Nothing." Was all he said as he looked away annoyed. "Stop lying and spit it out already, so we can get this over and done with! What's bothering you so damn mush?" I yelled at him. "You really want to know, fine!?" Shigure yelled as he stood up grabbed me by my arm and dragged me out into the hall away from the children.

"You scared the crap out of me when I heard you were at the hospital. Then you act like it's no big deal. We went with you to spent time with you then what do you do? You go and get all chatty with that desk worker man, completely ignoring us!" Shigure yelled. "Seriously!? I haven't seen him since a bomb landed on his truck! I was worried he died and left his wife and his new born daughter behind. Is it a crime to care for someone who feels like a brother to you? What if it were Hatori or Ayame that went through that, how would you handel it?" I yelled back.

3rd person pov

"Oh you care for him, do you? Just like you cared for your sister and her daughter who was living in a tent not to long ago?" "Don't you dare bring Tohru into this! This has nothing to do with her!" Momoko said as she jabbed Shigure's chest with her finger. "Don't bring her into it!? She's your niece, yet she lives in my house, when you're her guardian." "What you don't want her living with you anymore?" "That's not what I'm saying, I'm just trying to understand why you don't want anything to do with her."

Tohru, Yuki and Kyo were listening to the two adults arguing. I mean what else can they do, their yelling could be heard from a mile away. The two boys held the poor girls shoulder as she tried not to cry. "Of course I want to be with her, but I don't want to hurt her anymore than she already is!" "Oh really! What you actually think you can give her anymore pain than she has from the loss of her mother!?" "It might just be!" "Oh then what is it that could possibly hurt her, huh?" "I don't want her to see how I have to take medicine." Momoko mumbled.

"What did that therapist force you into taking drugs! Do you need it so you won't have nightmare of your time in the army!?" Shigure yelled getting angrier by the second. "No." "Then what!? What do you need medicine for!? What could you of all people possibly need it for!?" "IT'S CALLED HAVING CANCER ALRIGHT!!" Momoko finally snapped. Everyone fell silent, Momoko tried to stop the tears from falling but unfortunately failed. Shigure felt his heart drop, all his thoughts he had previously during the argument replaced with 'How? Impossible. It can't be.'

Momoko walked back to the room where the kids were and gathered all her things. She then went straight to the door, but Shigure grabbed her arm. "Let go! I don't want to see you, I don't want to hear from you ever again!" Momoko yelled as she pulled away and ran crying back to her house. Shigure stood there speechless, frozen, and in uter desapointment. Not in Momoko but in himself, for not believing in her, for questioning her, and causing her to cry.

"Miss Honda!" Yuki yelled as he ran after a crying Tohru who ran up stairs. Kyo was glaring at Shigure with disapproval and discust. "Nice going you stupid dog. You happy now!? Making both Tohru and Momoko cry and ran away." The teenager said before going upstairs to help with the crying girl. Shigure fell to his knees, still in the hall and still in a daze. "I'm an idiot." He told himself.

T.B.C.

Momoko has cancer, how will the rest of the Sohma family feel about it? Will this illness take her life or will she be able to overcome it?

Sorry it took so long I wasn't sure how to bring Momoko's illness up.