Did that really happen?

Momoko's pov.

It was the next morning, Tohru was still asleep. I got out of bed and decided to make coffee and breakfast. I put the plates down on the table and placed the food on them. Surprisingly Shigure was the first to wake up and come to breakfast. "M-momoko, you made breakfast. How sweet and unexpected." He said as he sat down next to me. "It's the least I could do." I told him. Then it was silent, an awkward silence, very unsettling.

Thank haven the kids came just before I died of all this silence. "Is that for us?" asked Kyo as he came to view. "Yeah eat up!" I told him. "Oh no, aunty Momoko I would've made breakfast why didn't you wake me up?" Tohru said panicking a little. I only giggled at her, "Tohru it alright. I always wake up early, sometimes even before sun rise." "That sounds exhausting." Kyo commented, "Why is that miss Yamaki?" Yuki asked.

"Being in the army for five years, has that effect on you." Momoko said, a very serious look on her face. "Well you kids eat up, I'm gonna head to the hospital." "Hospital?" Shigure asked confused. "Yeah men from my old squad are there, along with some kids that were rescued by us, I haven't seen them since we had to separate. So I'm gonna surprise them, by visiting." Momoko explained. She grabbed her jacket and was about to wash her dishes.

"Okay well then promise you'll come back for supper?" Tohru asked. "Your not going to trick me into staying again are you?" I asked raising my eyebrow. Tohru laughed nervously, scratching her head. I let out a sigh, no point in arguing with her, somehow I always end up being reunited with Shigure and his family. "I'll think about it, okay?" I smiled at her, she smiled brighter back at me, "Okay!"

I waved goodbye to everyone, "Bye, see ya around." "Goodbye miss Yamaki." Yuki said, "Goodbye aunty Momoko!" Tohru greeted, "Farwell." Shigure slightly whispered. All of a sudden I heard footsteps running in just as I turned the corner, that's when I felt someone tackle me to the ground. It felt like everything was going in slow motion. I saw Momiji, and how he turned into a bunny. I saw the look of absolute horror on Hatori's face, who was behind him. I heard the frightened gasps of Tohru and the others. Then my head hit the floor rather hard, everything went black.

Shigures pov.

No.

No, no, no.

She saw him. Momoko saw Momiji turn into a bunny! Not to mention Hatori saw it happen. Who knows what he'll do to her. She hit the ground hard, she wasn't moving. "Aunty Momoko!" Tohru yelled as she ran over to the unconscious woman, snapping us back into reality. "Hatori is she going to be okay?" Tohru asked as she held Momoko close to her.

"Let me see." He said as he kneeled down next to her. He let out a sigh of relief, "She's fine, she just unconscious from hitting her head so hard." He explained. We all let out a sigh, I was grateful she was okay, but I couldn't help but worry about the fact that she saw it, she saw our secret.

It took me and Hatori quit a while to convince the kids to go to school. We moved her onto a bed in the dining room, since it would be very hard to get her up the stairs, while not getting into a hugging situation. Hatori stayed with me, thankfully, to help with Momoko. I kept replacing the went cloff on her head. She began to twist and turn slightly, she had a scared look on her face.

Momoko's dream.
Momoko's pov.

I was in my uniform, holding my firearm close to my chest. My unit and I were about to save some women and children from human trafficking. We were running with civilians, but unfortunately we ran right into a land mine. We were trying our best to dodge the explosions around us and to get the women and children to safety. My ears were ringing. Then I was tackled to the ground by an enemy. We began to fight, then he started to shack me and call my name.

Back to reality.
Shigures pov.

I was shaking her, trying to wake her up. She instantly sat up, panting in a cold sweat. She seemed in shock, scared even. "Momoko, are you alright?" I asked as I placed my hand on her shoulder. She looked at me then down to her lap, she put her hand over her eyes as she cried. Tears were flowing down like waterfalls. I've never seen her cry like this before.

"Damn, when will that stupid memory leave me alone?" She said as she wiped away her tears. She let out a sigh then looked at me, "What happened?" She asked. I was surprised, doesn't she remember anything. "You don't remember?" "No not really." She answered me. "Momiji accidentally ran into you, you fell and hit your head. How are you feeling?" Hatori asked when he came in.

"Other than the massive headache, fine I guess." She said. Hatori came over and placed his hand on her head. "Hmm, maybe you need to stay in bed for a bit longer. Lay back and I'll go see if I can get you some chicken noodle soup." He went on as he gathered his things and just before he left he turned to me, "Make sure she stays in bed." I nodded my head, Momoko rolled her eyes.

It was just like this morning, it is quite and very awkward. I didn't know what to do, I mean I don't know if she actually remembers what happened. "So uh, you really don't remember anything?" I asked. She looked at me, "No I really don't. Why? Is there something I'm supposed to know?" She asked. "Uh no no, I'm just curious, that's all." I quickly said nervously.

She let out an annoyed sigh as she looked at her lap. "You haven't changed at all have you." She said, confusing me. "What do mean?" I asked. "Your still annoying. You still do stupid things.  And the thing that I hate most, you still keep secrets from me. I don't know what I did to deserve it but what I do know that if whatever it is your hiding, if it hurts Tohru, so help me I will make sure you suffer for the rest of your life." She said as she gave me a terrifying glare.

I gulbed the lump in my throat, I never expected this. "But all I want to know is why? Why do you keep secrets from me? Why don't you trust me?" She said as she turned to me and got a little closer to me. I could see the tears in her eyes that threatened to fall once more. I felt a hard and painful tug at my heart. "Momoko you have no idea how much I want to tell you, really! But I can't. I'm sorry I really am. I'm just not ready. I lost you once, I don't think I can handle losing you again." I said as I rest my forehead against hers.

Before she could wrap her arms around me, I quickly stood up. "I uh, I'm gonna make some tea." I said as I went to the kitchen. I'm truly sorry Momoko. I want to tell our family's secret. I want you to know why I do what I do. But I can't risk you suffering even more than you already are. I don't want Akito to get you. I thought as I heated up some water.

Momoko's pov.

Still more worried about your family that doesn't really care about you. Shigure when will you realize that I can take it. That nothing you can say or do is ever gonna change the way I feel about you. I thought as I watched Shigure walk to the kitchen.

T.B.C.