Chapter 11: Date*

Start from the beginning

I left the common room to find Garreth already waiting for me. I swear the bloke camped there, he was always there looking for me.

"Morning, Olive! You're looking lovely today." he said, greeting me with a hug.

I sucked back a laugh, not wanting to offend him and his compliments.

"Really? I feel awful, not enough sleep." I said as we began to walk.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully today will perk you up a bit."

Garreth seemed completely unbothered by the state of whatever relationship we had now. He didn't let the elephant in the room get in the way and was happy to indulge in idle chit-chat as we walked.

We reached Hogsmeade and I took a moment to inhale the fresh air. I loved Hogsmeade. It was like nothing I'd ever seen in London, the kind villagers, the atmosphere. I relished in it.

"I have a few shops I'd like to visit if you wouldn't mind joining me?" Garreth said, extending his elbow.

"Oh, of course." I accepted his brave gesture and linked my arm through his elbow.

He took me to Zonko's, which I wasn't too excited about. I hadn't really been there at all but the items they sold weren't that fascinating to me. Garreth, though? He ate that shit up. The shop keeper seemed to know him by name.

"Keeping out of trouble I hope, Mr. Weasley. I'm sure your Aunt would appreciate it." He said, ringing up Garreth's numerous purchases.

"Of course, sir. Wouldn't dream of getting up to any mischief." He smirked as he handed over his galleons to pay for the almost overflowing bag of goodies.

He then led me to Honeydukes where he was insistent I try numerous treats. He had me taking samples of everything. Cauldron cakes, cockroach clusters, pumpkin fizz, liquorice wands. I wasn't a huge fan of too many sweets, so I was beginning to have enough.

"Alright, last one. I promise." He said, passing me a small and hard burnt orange candy.

I rolled my eyes and popped it in my mouth, letting it melt on my tongue.

Fuck.

"Good right?" Garreth beamed at me.

"Yeah! Delicious!" I replied, covering my mouth with my hand.

It tasted exactly like Sebastian. Like his lips. And his tongue. Shit.

"What's wrong?" Garreth must have noticed my frozen facial expression.

"N—nothing. Not a massive fan of toffee, that's all." I lied, forcing myself to crunch on the toffee to get rid of it fast, damn near breaking my teeth.

I appeased Garreth by purchasing myself some pink coconut ice, something I genuinely enjoyed, and following him out of the store.

His next stop was something I had silently hoped he wouldn't have in mind when we came here. Madam Puddifoots Tea Shop. I had never been, but I had heard from other students it was the place for romantic relationships.

The building was so not my sort of thing. Bright pink and frilly and it smelt heavily of roses.

He had already linked our arms together again and pushed his way through the doors, the bell overhead making a sweet little dinging noise alerting everyone to our presence. He took a small table at the back and it was now obvious he'd already taken the liberty of ordering ahead for us because we were immediately followed by a tall cake stand filled with various sweets, pastries and teas.

I won't lie, the food was absolutely delicious. The scones were my favourite and I made a mental note for myself to come back and grab some for myself.

"I've had a really good time today, Olive," Garreth said as he finishing his last mouthful of his pumpkin pasty.