(Jason's POV) 18 years later

I'm sitting in a quaint little restaurant in Virginia waiting patiently, hoping she accepted my invitation. My stomach is uneasy but I must do this, for me and Bella both.

As I sip on my ice water a young woman who looks almost identical to Bella walks in, only difference being her long auburn hair. I almost choke on an ice cube thinking I saw a ghost. I compose myself and stand up, waving her over. Hesitantly, she walks over. I pull out a chair for her and she sits quietly.

I sit across from her and can't help but stare. Our little Lillian was all grown up.

She clears her throat and smiles. "Is it true? Are you my father?"

She sounded just like Bella. I let out a shaky breath and smile. "I am. It's so wonderful to finally be able to see you. My how you've grown." I have to blink back the tears that threaten to spill over.

It's been 18 years since Bella had passed, but seeing Lillian here today makes me yearn for Bella to be here. I'm sure she would have loved meeting Lillian again.

"In your letter you mentioned," she looks around and lowers her voice, "my abilities. Do you really know about them?"

I chuckle lightly. "My dear child, I'm the one you got them from." I look around then hide my hand behind a menu and change it.

Her eyes widen and she does the same. "I can't believe it. I'm not a freak after all." She smiled so much that a few tears spilled over. "I finally found my family!"

We return our hands to normal and order some food.

"Um, Jason?" She looks a bit uneasy.

"You may call me dad if you want. But yes my child?" I set a napkin in my lap as I wait for the food.

"Where is my mother?" She fiddled with her thumbs as she looked at the door.

My face went a bit pale and I had to clear the lump that quickly formed in my throat. "Bella, your mother, was killed two months after you were born."

"Oh," she looked at her lap, "is that why you gave me up?"

My eyes widened and I quickly grasped her hands. "My child, no. We never chose to give you up. Your mother died trying to get you back. I would have died if not for you mother risking her life for me and you. We never, ever, wanted to give you up."

She looked at me with tears streaming down her face. "Who took me? Who killed her?"

I shake my head softly. "I'm not sure if you are aware of his presence. But, there is an entity named SlenderMan who removed you from us when you showed your powers for the first time. He is also the one who killed your mother."

Her face distorted with hate and she gripped her hands tightly in mine. "Why? Why did he take me? Why did he kill her? Why?"

"Shhh," I rub her hands with my thumbs, "calm yourself. You have a good control over your powers but your emotions can over take your control."

She takes a few deep breaths and relaxes. "I don't understand. You can clearly help with my powers more then the people I've been with. Why remove me?"

I sigh heavily. "That was, no, is something I can't understand. I've been trying for years to figure that out but alas to no avail. I got into a major fight with Slender that lasted almost three days and had many casualties over this. I tried to keep your mother safe by having a friend take her home and guard her but she made her way back to me. She fought bravely to try to save me. I was on the brink of obliteration when she..." I let out a shaky breath and tried to calm myself.

"It's ok. You don't have to say anymore, I understand." She smiled softly at me, just like Bella used to when something bad happened.

I give her a teary smile. "You are just like your mother. Beautiful, kind, caring, understanding and strong. She would have loved to see you all grown up."

The waiter brought out our food and we ate. She told me about growing up trying to control the powers. She told me how she has a love for arts and things supernatural. She spoke highly of herself and how she wants to help change the world. She rambled on and on about how she was practicing engineering in secret trying to invent something new.

Before we knew it, it had begun to grow dark out.

She looked to me with a smile. "Can we do this again sometime?"

My smile faded away and so did hers. "I-I'm sorry my dear. I truly wish we could but, I'm only allowed to visit you this once. I live far away and if I visit you again he will kill you."

"SlenderMan..." she murmured under her breath.

"Yes." I take her hands in mine again. "But it truly wonderful to be able to see you, even if it is only once."

She gripped my hands tightly and looked at me with determination in her eyes. "I won't let you down dad. You'll see, I'll become amazing and famous one day! Then you can read about me in the future! And you can tell mom all about it!"

I nod happily. "I will my dear, I will."

After paying the bill we leave the restaurant. Outside was an older man waiting on a white horse.

Lillian turned to me and hugged me tightly. "Thank you dad, for everything today. I hope you live a happy life, and tell mom you saw me. Wherever she is I'm sure that would make her happy."

"I will Lillian." I hug her tightly. I didn't want to let go but the man whistled for her. "You take care ok? I love you my child. I always have and I always will. And your mother as well." I pull out a red handkerchief and hand it to her. This was your mothers, from me, I want you to have it. To keep us close to you."

"Thank you dad." She placed it in her blouse pocket. "Good bye dad."

With that she walked over and hopped onto the back of the horse. The man kicked the horse and I watched as they faded into the horizon. I waited for everyone to be gone before making a blue door and heading home.

I go to the black door with a red heard and open it. I sit by Bella's grave and tell her all about the day. A small rose bush without thorns had grown over her grave and I cared for it as I talked.

As the day ended I locked up the door and went to my room. I lay down and close my eyes.

"Our little girl is all grown up, my love. I miss you so much but seeing her has made things just a little easier. Good night Bella."