The Beginning

It's been two years since my older sister had gone missing and one year since her body was found. I wasn't supposed to know the details but I tended to eavesdrop drop a lot.

I'm six about to be seven in a month and I'm sitting outside my mother and fathers door listening to them talk about Sally. She was 26 when she went missing. When she was found her body was a mangled mess, or so I've heard. Something about being turned into furniture.

I missed my sister a lot. She used to care for me a lot, she was a better mother then my own, even though sometimes when she thought I was sleeping she would glare at me. I used to hear her say things like "if only you weren't his child." I never understood it, and I still don't.

I softly press my ear against the door to hear better.

"Dear it's been this long, they have run out of clues, they are out of leads. Just let it go."

"How could you say that!? Our daughter is dead, a mangled corpse! She was a fucking chair for christ sake!"

"Dear please keep your voice down, Bella might hear you."

"I don't give a shit about that little rat! He is the reason she is here! He is probably why Sally is dead! If the police would just listen to us and go search his place the case would be solved!"

"Honey you know they can't just go based off our word."

"He raped her, she escaped! He wanted vengeance! She tried to report him but failed despite being pregnant with his child!"

"Honey please keep your voice down. Remember we don't want her to know."

"That little imp is too stupid to add 2 plus 2, I doubt she can figure this out."

I pull away from the door, my head was starting to hurt and I was tired. I go back to my room to sleep. I hope mommy and daddy stop fighting soon. I hope my friend visits me soon, Jack always makes me laugh when I'm sad.