Chapter 52 - Old wounds.

Under the cool A/C I lay, releasing the stress from my body into the soft comforter of the bed sheets. I never understood how people can compare any sort of comfort to clouds, who has laid on a cloud before? Indeed, they are soft from what we all can see ... On Google. So soft you will fall right through. I chuckled to myself before sniffling for the 10th time.

"What are you thinking about that's funny?" Tanika's soft voice pulled me from my thoughts than.

"Your bed is just so comfy" I sniffle, "I wanted to compare it to a cloud, but I would have fallen right through." I softly chuckled deep saying it out loud. Well whisper. "Sorry if I woke you".

The bed shuffles, through the faint moonlight peeking through the curtains I can see her face, soft tired eyes resting on an angelic face. "You didn't wake me Jane, I just can't sleep" her eyes wondered to the ceiling.

"I didn't mean to ruin the sleepover" I chuckled, but she didn't laugh.

"No Jane, I'm serious. All of this is just not amusing, these men really piss me off." Through her whisper I can hear the seriousness. Swallowing thickly, I looked to the ceiling, taking in the occasional sounds of crickets and frogs, a calm moment of silence while we lay side by side going over our traumas.

"What did her house look like?" Tanika's asks. A sure way to make time fly since neither of us were going to catch any sleep.

"Rowan's grandma?"

"Mmmm"

Rolling my eyes, I turn my head to face her, "Oh girl, she's rich. I walked right into a mansion, she even got maids and everything."

Amused by the answer Tanika turns to me, in a questioning tone, "Maids? Maids? Like help from people to wipe her ass?"

"I don't know if they want to do all that" I chuckled. "But yes, she has help working for her."

"What does she do for a living? Does she have a job or something?"

I was suddenly taken back by her question, yet it really made me turn my body to her, "what job would pay an elder woman that kind of money? Like her home screamed those old money stuff, but I met her in the woods."

I bounce slightly when Tanika Turned her body to me "The woods? What was she doing in the woods? Besides spying on you, That's some scary shit."

"She lived there, she was living in the woods when I met her, in like some hut or whatever."

"She does that for fun or something. How old does she think she is?"

I giggled.

"It wasn't fun for me at all, but I never told you I was attacked by a mountain lion," I speak breathlessly, releasing everything off my chest.

Tanika's eyes are hidden in a shadow, but I can feel them stare at me intently, "Girl what? I'm starting to think you can't be left alone, cause how the hell."

"My life is a shit show" I laugh, "but yes that's where I actually kind of met Rowan, he saved me from that mountain lion,"

"He was there to?"

"Yes, he was living with his grandma in that hut," I lick my lips thinking about seeing Rowan again for the first time. "He was just smooth impaling that Lion, with a loin cloth."

"So, my girl tripped and fell in a Disney movie?" We giggle, I mean she isn't wrong.

"She knew medicine, and spoke perfect English, yet Rowan didn't learn anything, all he did was stare and -"

"Poke that pussy" Tanika added making me laugh loudly.

"Yes,"

"It was just him and his grandmother?"