Chapter 63 - Listening.

For what felt like hours, I'm curled up in a ball sniffling pathetically. No matter how I forced myself to remember she is doing this just to get under my skin, my anger is to the fact that I let her. I should have broken her nose, should have done something but crumble in front of her, I feel a headache in the making from gritting my teeth so hard, is this why he hasn't reacted yet? is this why he hasn't even made way into my room right about now? Fine, So be it.

An aroma flew through my nose than, warm bread and steak? my stomach roaring in response. I have wallowed enough slowly rising up to my wobbly feet, stomach in knots while forcing down the bile rising to my chest, fuck I'm hungry. I need to have a full stomach when I give the jungle man a Piece of my mind. Freshening up I made my way out the room instantly inhaling the essence.

Where the heck i the exit to this place? I furrowed my brows looking left to right, hallways seem darker than when I came in, all that but a blinking red light above. Of course they will have cameras. Though I don't remember it being there before, or maybe I was too focused on the creepy paintings above ... there was no denying it, I couldn't help but think i was being watched. Couldn't prove it if i tried but the feeling was there.

Wasn't this place GPS friendly? Irritation crept it's head when i kept receiving connection error, the fuck? no matter what I did my wifi wouldn't connect, out of the blue suddenly my phone froze for few seconds before turning off than on. The Wifi on full bars with the GPS already inputted. Hmm siri finally read my mind, blindly I followed for what felt like a long time each movement intensified the feeling, shouldn't I have reached the stairs by now? instead it was a dead end, a big difference in temperature while stood there staring at the wall, two brown doors on my left and right. -- A bit modern for today's day and age?

"You have arrived at your destination." my heart nearly ripped out of its confinement. Arrived? The door on my right.

Strange place for a kitchen ... that's because it's not. More confused than ever peering around at an office, with the blinds and curtain shut the only thing giving life is the low dim lamp, loads of paperwork work scattered around. What compelled me to think siri would for once do her job? reaching for the doorknob I caught a glance at one on the ground smack in the middle of the floor underneath a pile. A birth certificate? printed in large cursive words, Rowan's name.

Hmm? I hate him right now but my curiosity compelled me to reach over, the paper brown and crisp, indeed it was a birth certificate, Rowan's time and day of birth, the name of his mother and the rest of the paper was burned. That's strange residue of ashes still falling, this was recent? why is Rowan's birth certificate here at this haunted house? would it be illegal to take a picture? welp, no one will know any ways.

From what I could i snapped a couple of photos, i don't know what I'll use them for but I'll ask the grandmother about it.

"Sweetie it's alright truly, you can always beat your grandfather's score." A sound of a woman at the end of the hallway, Fucking hell. My heart fell to my ass, oh Jesus today is the day where I finally go to jail for my curiosity, today is the day i finally learn my lesson being attacked my a mountain lion wasn't enough I just kept pushing. Im frozen solid hearing the steps coming closer, tears began to brim until I noticed a closet, what would be the point? if they were to open it I am still screwed. At least go down knowing you tried, the smell of fresh cologne made me gag watering my eyes I barely got the chance to close the door fully in time for the voice to appear at the door.

"Did you come In here?" The masculine voice spoke to someone curiously.

"No?" I hear her breathe, something felt familiar in the voices. I bit my bottom lip from trembling furiously, heavy slow footsteps drew closer, almost right in front of the closet. This is it, I knew they would check here first, I'm done for.