Chapter 9 - Old me

..... And publish.

'Whew' I stretch my arms high in the air arching my back to feel those knots unknotting, cracking my fingers as my hands come down. That's another chapter Updated on Watt-pad, I'm not getting paid for this but seeing everyone happy and excited with my story is enough for me, writing has always been therapeutic, especially being someone with a wild imagination.

So much has happened in my life that it's enough to write a book, and damn right I put it all in words. Three weeks have passed since the whole Cameron and Philip thing, and I decided to just put that all behind me and focus forwards. Maybe it was time for a change, starting with my mentality, maybe if I change my perspective and way of thinking, things will get better, right? Absolutely not.

I took my mom's advice and went out on the dates she set up for me only to have those guys use me for Green Cards or trying to marry me after thirty seconds. All in all, it didn't work out on my mom's end and in her perspective as usual it's my fault.

Trying to download more social media was even more of a blur, I would be following more people than I would get followers, and blogs have told me that's bad. Having Justine help me Go through hours of makeup and hair to post pictures only to end up with three to five likes in the end, also a big no by blogs. I took them down so fast.

Finally, going on blind dates with guys I met on dating apps, that one was a giant waste of time and preparations.

I forfeit, throwing in the towel, I guess I'll stick to Wattpad imaginations. Maybe I was just being too picky, A certain individual did set my standards high, how can he be so beautiful and yet so gentle, like a gentle giant that saved my life. A part of me finds it irritating.

How can you just disappear like that, especially after giving me the best sex of my life? I hate him for this, making my heartbeat with just the thought of him even after all this time.

No matter I am over him now, the past is the past and I am done living in it, I'm still young to focus on the 'Might be" and start focusing on the 'now'.

leaving my room to get ready and open my shop, I hear a knock on the door, "come I-"

"Guess what?" Justine squealed barely letting me finish my sentence as she storms in, "Remember the blog I signed you up for?"

Taken back by the question, I find myself in question to something else, furrowing my brows in confusion, "you signed me up for a blog?"

Justines face relaxes into someone that's been busted, cocking my head to the side "Justine" I sing urging the answers out of her, "speak, what blog?"

"Alright, fine you caught me."

"You told on yourself" we giggle sitting on my bed, "I read all your stories on Wattpad, and they were too good to not be noticed, especially making them so relatable and funny." the genuine that pours out of her puts me at peace, my readers always show me how grateful they are for my stories but actually sitting face to face with one of them is a whole other level of happiness.

Justine has always been a fan of my writings, she even created a whole Wattpad account just to read them, I find she recites a lot of my quotes from my stories in her everyday life. trying to hide my smirk and excitement I Nudged her shoulder widening my eyes "Continue whore".

squealing she jumps up "They love your book and want to meet up with you to discuss publishing." she screamed, damn near shattering my ear drums. But in that particular moment all I heard were the words.

Publish, my, book? My ultimate goal in life is having my book in someone's bookshelf or a hard copy to take home with you, the mere fact that someone loves my story so much so they will buy it and keep it forever is the greatest gift ever. Justine did that for me without my knowledge out of genuine intent.