Chapter 51 - Bygones be Bygones.

I watch the girl from the couch, with great speed she flings herself across the room with a great speed. I remain still, Pressing the crucifix against my body for dear life while she frantically tears the house apart "How is my hair?" she says, mouth foaming.

Fearfully I eye her outfit from the end tips of her French manicured toes that rested in high red thin heels, gliding my eyes up her shimmering shaved legs from the reflection of the light to the red skintight off shoulder mini dress. Stunning she was, absolutely remarkable. But that word wasn't enough.

What word could really bring out her beauty right now? A word that'll make her eyes glimmer with sparkles and emanate a smile of pure joy? The idea struck me than, Dazzling.

"You look absolutely dazzling Justine," I spoke poetically admiring her every curve and sparkles. I watched her eyes soften; a smile ready to break, revealing those straight rows of pearly white teeth, I could feel a smile coming from me in accomplishment ... until she spoke.

Glancing between me and the long mirror, her dough eyes hardened. A surge of Panick made my smile slowly drop, "I should change the shoes, right?" sounded more like she was speaking to herself then me.

Rolling my eyes, I rose up from the couch, "Listen, girl your fine. I don't see why you even go through all of this? that boy is completely into you." Though the words processed, there was still a glint of what looked like sorrow in her eyes.

"I wish that would have actually been the case" she mutters under her breath, a wistful look before she giggled it off.

"What do you me-"

"So blue, white or just Beige? oooh, you know what would like good." she doesn't even give me a moment to answer, why am I here again?

"Good luck on your date girl." were the last words I muttered; I saw a brand-new woman in the end. But I could not help the feeling, I did not like the guy. I don't even remember how I met him or even have a conversation period, but all I knew was to stay away from.

Those blue eyes never look at me with anything but distaste, it was obvious he was moving in while was moving out, Fearful I became in my own house whenever he was around, he was always around, even when Justine isn't around. Eyes locked on me, trailing over my body each time, even when I couldn't see him, the goosebumps picked up his presence before I did. There was a darkness in his eyes, a sinister lust I tried to ignore. Through time Justine was able to sense it to, soon after wherever I went, he went. And she would follow suit shortly after, right on his tail. I was grateful, she kept him out of my sight for the longest time and I felt safe again, I wondered how she did it? being a full-time girlfriend and best friend, all while managing her own life.

Quick to still him in his tracks, quick to check him for his smart mouth.

She would never pick him over me. I just know in the end I would always have my best friend.

I cringed at the Irony, if I could have predicted the future back then, I would have bit off my tongue before that sentence left my lips. 'Jane, what the hell'. A question I asked my reflection, staring at me through the closed window of the Lyft, for a moment I wished to imagine my reflection speaking back to me.

Wait ... never mind, Oh hell no.

Angrily I scoffed seeing my eyes glossing under each passing streetlight, I hated the tears that kept brimming, like I own my body but have no control, the same way I have no control of the Bullshit going on in my own life right now, why do I need to fix a mess that that I didn't start? backing out now would only lead to fingers being pointed back to me.