Birthday part 2

"Don't worry baby" dad said as he hugged me.
"We're your parents now and we hate to see you upset" he added.
"they can't hurt you now darling" mum said. it was now 1:30 and we decided to clear the pub and go upstairs for the rest of the day. we all sat down in the living room and we all filled up the 2 sofas and the most if the floor. I sat in the middle of liam and mum and on the other sofa was Lee and dad and Tina while Sonya, Nancy and johnny were on the floor with Oliver. we were all having a fun time, eating loads of party food and having some drinks. there were about 5 conversations going on at once over top of the TV until a sudden knock on the door, dad opened it.
"Happy birthday becky" Shirley smiled and walked in, handing me a present. Everyone went silent.
"Here's my girl" buster said. I accepted Shirley's greeting but buster was pushing it too far.
"Thanks Shirley, buster" I said.
No one said anything and just let me talk.
"Shirley told me you were in the square ages ago but I didn't know how long it had been. the last time I saw you, you had nappy rash" he laughed, but still everyone stayed quiet. Mum put her hand on my knee.
"If you haven't noticed, the rooms full. it'd be easier if you go" I said, trying my best not to be too sarcastic.
"You should be more nicer to Shirley, after all she did carry you around for 9 long months." buster said.
"But then she left me on a door step for someone else to look after me for 16 years" I said, calmly.
"It wasn't like that, becky" shirley piped up.
"No? Then explain it to me, explain why." I demanded but still calmly.
"It was me and buster VS Simon and judie. we never got on, we hated each other. when we had you, we used to do drugs and they found out. they'd do anything to make us mad so they said that if we don't give you to them, they'd call social services to take you further away. so we had no choice. I thought that if i give you to them, I'd still be able to see you. but it wasn't like that. they made us move to walford so I wouldn't be able to see you. then they said that if I didn't give them 2 grand, they'd abuse you." she said. I was still calm because I didn't care about their excuses anymore, I love my adopted mum and dad.
"We couldn't Afford the 2 grand, so we thought it'd be a good idea if they did that to you, we thought it'd make you stronger" buster finished her sentence.
"Good for you- hey, maybe you shouldn't of done drugs in the first place. don't wanna cause an argument because it's my birthday but if you could leave, that'd be great" I said. they both left eventually.
"Wow, you took that well" Tina said.
"Well I've finally learnt to deal with this weird family" I said. everyone laughed and carried on talking. Mum looked at me.
"I'm proud of you, of what you've become. you're so strong and brave now, your dad and I are so proud of you" mum said and kissed my forehead. Mum then carried in talking to Sonya about Oliver.
"I love you" liam whispered.
"I love you too" I said.
"Dad, can liam stay tonight?" I asked.
He looked at mum and she nodded.
"Yeah but be caref-" "yeah ofcourse dad" I laughed, embarressed. Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain on my face. I picked up the object that'd been thrown at me. it was condoms.
"Safe sex is better sex" Sonya said and everyone burst into laughter.