The talk

The pub closed early tonight. Linda sent Nancy and lee to bed straight after they facetimed johnny.
Me, mick, Linda and Shirley made our way into the kitchen.

Linda's POV
I really hope that the results from tonight are that becky doesn't spend the rest of her life calling Shirley her mum because Shirley's nothing but a bad influence.
Shirley's sat next to becky, gulpin down shots of vodka and becky is watching her, every move she does, she watched.
There was complete silence in the kitchen, mick looked at becky then at me with a pathetic sob face.
"So, ladies. anyone gonna speak?" Mick said.
"Becky, what do you think of your mum?" I said. She didn't reply. I tried again. "becky, what do you think of Shirley".
"Well, she obviously doesn't care about me that much or she would of kept me" she said as if Shirley wasn't there.
Shirley put her glass down and looked becky straight in the eyes.
"I can't be doin with this" Shirley answered.

Beckys POV
I think I'm being a bit harsh with her, I'm nervous that's why, but you can't blame me. I've never seen the woman and all of a sudden she's my mum.
"Please shirl" I plead.
"Why dont you call me mum?"
"Mick doesn't" I said calmly and looked over at mick who still couldn't look at me for a long time.
Shirley sighed. "see. she's a child so she copies any adult near by, she knows you don't call me mum so she's doing the same" she argued with mick.
"'She' has a name" I said quietly as mick and Shirley argued. Linda looked at me and mouthed "it's okay".
They was shouting too loud now, I was shaking so bad. I stood up, my chair scratched against the floor making them shut up. They all stared at me.
"Stop it. shut up!" I shouted, my voice shaky because I'm nearly crying. "Shirley, I don't even know you. I come here to stay safe from who I thought were my parents and all of a sudden, this-this lady says she's my mum. I don't bloody know you Shirley!" I yelled. they all looked at me shocked from my outburst, I'm not usually like this. Shirley tugged on my sleeve to try and get me to sit down.
"Come on darling sit down" shirl said calmly. I looked at mick, then Linda shockingly and out of breath from my rage. I sat down and put my head in my hands. mick hadn't said anything in ages.
"Look bless her, I don't know what's going round in her nut right now but I'm guessing it ain't good" mick said.
"She's a shy girl shirley, she's not gonna accept you as her mum, not yet. you're just a stranger to her. give her time to make her mind up." Linda said.
They were talking about me like I wasn't there.
"But until she made her mind up, she's living with us and we will provide for her in the meantime." mick demanded.
"That's not fair mick-" "I don't care what right or wrong, fair or not, she's living with us, atleast I know she'll be safe" mick said.
Shirley got up and stormed out.
Mick got off his chair and walked over to me and put his hands on my shoulders. linda followed him and she took my hand off my face and lead me off my seat. she turned me around so I faced them both. Linda had her arm around micks waist and mick had his arm around her shoulders whiles their spare hands both hand my hands.
"We just want to let you know that if you do choose Shirley, you'll be living with a rapist- your other brother. and I don't want that for you." mick said. "me an L, we- we want you living with us, we want you safe. and we know we love you more than shirley does." he added. "but it's my choice though.. right?" I asked innocently. "ofcourse darling, we just want the best for you" Linda said whiles stroking my pony tail.
"Okay, well I'm pretty tired so I'm gonna get some sleep" I yawned.
"Okay baby, night" mick said as he kissed my forehead.
As I walked upstairs, I put it all together and I know who I want to live with...