The talk - part 2

I heard mick and Linda talking in the living room while I was still in bed. it was 8:12 am.
"Becky wasn't talking much last night, mick"
"That is exactly the reason why I've called Shirley to come over at lunch so her and becky can talk by themselves. sorted L!" Mick explained happily.
I sat up on my bed and thought about everything for five minutes.
"Becky?" Linda quietly questioned.
"Are you up?" She asked again, knocking louder this time.
"Y-yeah I'm up" I stuttered.
"Okay, your mum is com-" "-just say shirley... she's not my mum" I interrupted. I heard Linda sigh. She opened the door slowly and entered my bedroom.
"Becky.." Linda said quietly.
"She is your mum, she always has been. you have her genes in your blood"
"No, Linda. a mum is a woman who is always there for their child, provides, cares and loved them. she never did any. Family is more than just blood." I said. my voice cracked and Linda sat next to me.
"I know you must be feeling down... but, you need to be strong. Shirley is coming in at 12, so you need to get ready darling"
"Okay, thankyou so much"
"Anytime babe" she said smoothly as she wandered out of the door.

1:30 am.

I was in the living room day dreaming when mick peered his head around the door.
"Shirley's here baby" mick said quietly, looking at the floor.
i walked up to him to go out of the door but he was in the way.
"Mick please-" I said, gestering for him to move out I the way. He held his hand out to stop me from going out of the door while he leaned back to see if anyone was there.
"Right, I don't want you doing anything stupid. you need to think deep about this, you don't want wong-uns as parents" he said.
"I know what I'm doing mick" I said sharply.
"Alright then. who are you going with" He asked, stroking my arm.
"You'll find out" I said, walking towards the kitchen where Shirley was waiting for me.