Becky carter

It was the next morning and becky had just gotten out if bed.

Beckys POV
It was 8:30 am and I walked into the kitchen in my pyjamas, I completely forgot about what happened last night.
"Morning Linda, mick" I said
"Erm.. hi" mick sheepishly answered, not making eye contact.
"Oh yeah, I forgot about last night" I explained.
There was a moment of awkward silence before Linda interrupted.
"Mick, becky- you can't just be awkward about everything, I know last night was a shock to find out that you two are brother and sister but this can't change the bond you two have, you've always acted like father and daughter and it's gonna stay that way, you can't let this destroy you." Linda lectured us.

Micks POV
Linda was right, we can't let this destroy us, and after all, becky is only a child. me and becky always had a bond, I always seen becky as my daughter, I loved her like a daughter, but now I realised. I didn't love her as a daughter.. I loved her as a sister but never knew. I'm old enough to be her dad.
Linda was making me a cup of tea and I was sat down, still confused.
"Linda's right, becky. I may be your brother but I will always treat you as a daughter." I said
"I don't know what to call Shirley. I don't know who to call my mum and dad right now, I'm so confused" becky said, her hands were shaking and a tear rolled down her cheek and she sat on the chair.
"Later on, we'll have a word with Shirley and find out what's going on, for both of us. but in the meantime, get yourself ready for a shift downstairs in the pub, it's a Saturday so we're expecting more customers today" I said.
"Okay, will do" she said as she got up.
"Oh and becky, you're a carter, you have the carter genes in your blood, you're one of us, you ways have been" I said as I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her and she put her head on my chest, I need to show her that I'll always be here to protect her from all the things that can go wrong in this mad house.
"Okay, see you in an hours babes" I said
"See ya" she replied.
"What are we gonna do if Shirley doesn't want her mick?" Linda asked
"Then we adopt her, and label her as our own if she's up for it"
"I'm worried about her" Linda said as she stroked her belly gently.
"She will be fine, she's a carter! Let's just focus on out little baby" I said reassuring her. I hope the baby is mine. I stroke her belly and kiss her.
"I'm gonna go to open the pub up now, don't forget to wake the kids up soon" she said calmly
"Okay baby" I said as I take a sip from my tea.