Jimining

Hoseok POV:

"Come here!" I shouted, chasing Jungkook as he runs within the space of my office, fearing my tempted anger.

And I am, for sure angry as fuck.

"Hyung, calm down, okay? I can explain everything..." He pleaded, seeking refuge behind a shelf. "I'm sorry, okay?"

"I should be the one saying sorry – SORRY THAT MY BACK HURT YOUR KNIFE, YOU BACKSTABBER!"

"I did it for you! Please, listen to me, Hyung!"

I halted the pursuit, catching my breath. "Fine! Let's hear you," I said, gesturing for him to come out, and he reluctantly complied.

Before he could begin his explanation, I grabbed the collar of his shirt, securing his neck, signaling that escape is not an option. He began pleading with a torrent of apologies.

"Speak before I change my mind."

"Okay, Hyung, but promise me you won't fire me, please!" He implored, trying to reach my other hand. I agreed not to fire him, but didn't promise.

Cause I might fire him.

What he did is something not easily forgiven. I had been struggling with the complexities of marriage, and he allowed it all to happen under his watch.

With no other recourse, Jungkook started, "I knew you were going to propose to Min-hee that night, and I even knew she'd reject you because she never loved you. But you were blind in her love, leaving me no option but to keep an eye on you so you wouldn't hurt yourself."

"You could have accompanied me and stopped me from marrying Y/n!"

"I was going to! When you entered the bar, I was right behind you. But you seemed too vulnerable to console."

My grip on his neck loosened slightly as he continued...

"I thought to give you space to think. I was at another table, keeping an eye on you. Suddenly, a girl entered in a wedding gown. You both began talking, and I couldn't hear the conversation, but you advised her to leave, and you both left."

My cheeks burned at his memories. Why I don't remember these moments?

"Then what?"

"Then you started making videos, which we saw the next morning. Later, you both crossed the road and went into the church. Trust me, Hyung, I thought to stop you, but I didn't."

"Why?"

"Because I knew if you didn't marry Noona then, you'd forgive Min-hee in a few days, which I didn't wanted. I had to let you marry Noona just to make you leave Min-hee."

"Who gave you the right to make decisions for me? Jungkook, I'm really disappointed in you right now." I stepped back, creating a considerable distance between us.

"Do you regret marrying Noona, Hyung? I let all this happen; maybe you would have never met Noona after that night if I had taken you with me."

He was right.

But the outcome doesn't justify his past actions. As my secretary and someone I blindly trusted, he shouldn't have stood back when I was marrying a girl in a toxic state.