stepbrother?

And the feeling is mutual. He is wondering the same.

---//---

Unlike yesterday, Hoseok lay beside you on the bed to sleep. After that hug, you didn't face him or talk to him because now it's awkward for you.

Although you are now used to his cuddling, only you know how last night went alone in bed. While staring at the ceiling, you wonder why he hugged you, but your thoughts were interrupted when he calls your name.

"Y/N?"

Actively, your body turned towards him as you replied, "Hmm?"

"Do you mind if I ask you a personal question?" You nodded casually.

"If Taehyung comes to you and begs you to date him again while we are still married... would you agree?" With raised eyebrows, he asked this question doubtfully.

All he wants to know is what you would do if you were in his place and whether he did the right thing or not.

Without any second thoughts you answered, "No! The situation we are in right now is because of him. And I don't think Taehyung and I will be the same as we used to."

"But whatever happened, you can't unlove him, can you? You've known him since childhood. It's impossible to stop that love."

"I agree with that. It's hard to unlove, but if a guy who's spent 20 years with me is unsure about spending the rest of his life... how can I know he's worth a second chance?"

"But still... if he cries in front of you and tells you to hide everything from me, what will you do?"

"There are so many media outlets waiting for you, and I can't give them headlines... so I will, for sure, not listen to him. The time we have together will remain loyal."

Hoseok was left speechless again, knowing your wise thoughts, and he felt ashamed at how he lied to you while you were talking about being loyal.

Mentally, he promised you thousands of things, such as...

no lies

making you happy,

you being the top priority

being loyal until this ends.

"Are you asking all this... because Taehyung came this noon in your absence?" you asked while covering a yawn.

You were getting sleepy, but that sleep vanished when Hoseok snaked his hand around your waist and pulled you against his chest, making a sweet comment.

"Forget that. Can we make it obvious that we cuddle every night?" He was about to kiss your forehead, but you looked up, and he ended up kissing your nose.

Hoseok's eyes locked with yours, and he couldn't look away, just as yours. Although you guys had kissed before, this time it was accidental and more awkward to break the stare.

Hoseok gulped, realizing how he was drowning in your eyes. He mentally forced himself to avert his eyes, and he finally did by blinking continuously, like a flickering tubelight.

You chuckled at how he faked a cough and then covered you in his arms to sleep. Surprisingly, you didn't push him away; maybe you were starting to like his touch.