another contract?

After the cake-cutting ceremony, the media presence was quite noticeable. As long as you and Hoseok were by Mr. Kim's side, no one dared to approach for any hotlines.

However, the moment everyone dispersed into the crowd, a couple of reporters approached the two of you.

You both tried to avoid them, but they were skilled sweet-talkers, requesting just two minutes of your time.

"I beg you, don't say anything insulting," Hoseok murmured while gently tucking your hair back, to not make his begging obviously.

You smirked and nodded at him as the reporters set up their cameras and microphones on table.

"Congratulations, Mr. Jung Hoseok, on becoming the manager of Fine Apparel. Can you share how much time and hard work it took to reach this position?" one of the reporters inquired.

Hoseok felt a sense of pride, knowing that people were acknowledging his hard work rather than relying on rumors. He politely bowed and replied,

"Thank you for your kind words. Well, it took me around three years to reach this position, but I would love to share half the credit with my wife."

Your eyes widened at the way he credited you seemingly out of nowhere. "For what?" you muttered, lightly tapping his shoes under the table, hidden from view.

You continued to maintain your smile, even though you were surprised.

Hoseok winced but carried on speaking for the camera. "She's just a bit shy. Any other questions?"

"Of course. So, since you give credit to your wife for your position, does this mean that having a stroke of luck from a lady is necessary for achieving success?" The question came across as a taunt, casting doubts on Hoseok's hard work.

Hoseok was on the verge of denying the insinuation, but then his gaze caught min-hee in the corner—she was looking at him, more like waiting for his every response.

He hadn't expected her to be present.

"I guess you could say I have the best luck in the world," Hoseok replied, his words accompanied by a gentle curve on your shoulder as he pulled you even closer to him.

In the midst of this, you sat there like a useless doll, feeling somewhat numb from this unexpected gesture.

The reporters redirected their microphones toward you all of a sudden, catching you off guard. "Do you also consider yourself lucky for Mr. Hoseok?"

Hoseok glanced at you, his eyes filled with hope that you would respond gracefully. And you did.

"My husband is incredibly loving, which is why he treats me with such respect. I consider myself fortunate to have him." You couldn't help but cringe inwardly at your own words.

Hoseok couldn't suppress the fluttering butterflies in his stomach upon hearing your response. Even though it was all fabricated and untrue, for a brief moment, he found himself wishing it were real.

"Okay, one last question for both of you... Before this marriage, Mr. Hoseok was dating his current model, Min-hee. Does this not bother Mrs. Y/n, that Mr. Hoseok might still have feelings for his past?"

'Whoa, that's quite personal.'

'But it's a valid question.'

'What if he's still in love with that model?'