Two envelopes

Since the doctor insisted that both the baby and mother needed to be hospitalized for a day, Namjoon kindly offered to drive me home, intending to return to his wife later.

I tried calling Hoseok several times, but he didn't answer any of my calls. Taehyung, on the other hand, checked in with me every hour, advising me on what to eat and what to avoid. He consistently sent me helpful PDFs on pregnancy care.

Maybe he is still in hope that I'll hide this pregnancy from Hoseok and go back to him but-

Even if Hoseok and I drift apart, I can't keep this news from him... if I'm at fault then he is too. He'll decide whether he want to be responsible or not.

What I can't quite get is that Taehyung still wants me, even in this challenging situation. If only he didn't chickened out that night, my life would be entirely different.

The life I had always imagined.

But now, it feels like it's too late. I don't know exactly when it happened, but I've fallen in love with Hoseok. Yesterday, when he confessed his feelings to me in the car, my heart raced, and I struggled to keep it normal.

Sadly, Hoseok doesn't remember that confession, and perhaps it wouldn't be right to remind him. We're only few weeks away from parting ways.

Such a fucking web.

---//---

Author POV:

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows across the room, Hoseok returned home, his footsteps heavy with an unspoken words.

You welcome him with a tender smile, eyes filled with hopes.

Hoseok's gaze flitted around the familiar space, the walls seemingly closing him in. He fought to maintain his composure, his heart racing with a mix of guilt and fear.

The words he yearned to speak remained locked behind a barrier of uncertainty, his voice silenced by his own thoughts.

Your smile fall as you sensed the tension in the air. A pang of unease swip into your heart. You reached out, his arm searching for solace.

"Hoseok, what's wrong?" You asked, voice laced with concern.

He averted his gaze, unable to meet yours, unable to bear the weight of the truth he has. His voice quivered as he mustered the strength to speak, his words laced with a sense of urgency.

"Y/n, we need to talk." With that hoseok stoll to chair and signal you to sit across him.

Being unsure over his actions you hesitate seated herself. You already prepared yourself to tell him the truth and let him decide the future of his unborn child.

Sliding his hand on bag he withdraw a envelope an slides on the table towards you. Your brows furrowed at the envelope.

"I was fool to believe I deserve happiness while doing wrong to you." His sentence came out with hint of guilt and self-blame.

"It's better for us to end this agreement." With that Hoseok took his hand away from the envelope allowing you to take a look.

The words hung in the air, suffocating the room with their finality. Your eyes widened, hands falling back to side as shock and disbelief flooded in features.

Confusion mixed with anger coursed through your veins. You instantly pulled out the paper from envelope only to find the mutual agreement of separation.

"You want divorce?" disappointment was too obvious.

Hoseok's voice wavered as he tried to explain, his words barely above a whisper. "It's all my fault, I shouldn't have convinced you at first to be my wife. I was selfish for my career."

Understanding his emotions didn't fit you well in this moment but you tried-

"someone said something? Till this noon you were ok, then why suddenly you want this?" Desperation to know the reason was heavy on your tone, While Hoseok is struggling hard to maintain his poker face.

To him, this is a mess he created by inviting you in his life, his feelings for you is more than he ever decided to keep but for some reason, he can't continue it...

Hoseok's heart ached at the pain he had inflicted, his own emotions threatening to overwhelm him. "I have no excuses, I can't give you the love you deserve. It's better for you to be free."

The room fell into a heavy silence, echoes of their shattered happiness. Hoseok sat before you, consumed by his own demons, unaware of the life-altering secret you're carrying within you.

In the midst of this crumbling connection, Y/n felt getting badly used, betrayed and abandoned to face an uncertain future alone.

As the weight of the shattered bond settled heavily upon both, your anger burned fiercely inside. With trembling hands, you hastily signed the divorce papers.

Signing a final declaration of ending. Without a word, you thrust the papers into Hoseok's hands.

Hoseok sit there, his heart heavy with remorse, yet unable to find the courage to apologize, the words caught in his throat.

Before he could utter a single syllable, you halted him with a sharp gaze and stomp to the bedroom, the door slamming shut behind you.

Left alone in the suffocating silence, Hoseok lose his head on the table, his mind clouded with regret and guilt. He know he has hurt you deeply, shattering the trust he had built over time.

A profound emptiness settled within him, his own self-loathing consuming any remnants of hope.

Just as he resigned himself to the irreversible damage he had caused, he sensed you coming out of room with somthing in hand.

You throws another envelope with dead serious threat.

"I don't care what you'll do after reading this..." swallowing the limp down your throat  you continues.

"But I won't let you undo anything."

________________________

(A/n: why'd you think hoseok suddenly asked fo divorce? 💀)

This is 42nd chapter but it feels like 15-16 to me 😭😭