| ⁴³

The two moving trucks came to a stop in front of the two houses next to each other in a quiet street in Salt Lake City, Utah. Shortly after two cars and two bikes parked in the driveways that were part of the houses.

One of the houses that belonged to Jax and Cleo was greyish and had two stories, a typical American style house with a small front yard and a larger back yard. From the outside it looked neat and fairly new, as did the house next door that belonged to Enrico and Dawn. In contrast to the Teller house, their house was rather brownish and seemed a bit larger. Basically, both houses had a similar style and didn't differ very much in terms of size.

The guys dismounted their bikes first and took off their helmets and sunglasses before they studied both houses carefully. They had only seen them once in person and that without the women. About three weeks ago Enrico and Jax decided to make a little trip to Utah to sign their new employment contracts. Thanks to Jax's contact, they both got jobs at the same car workshop. They wouldn't make a fortune, but it was enough to support a family and still save some money at the end of the month.

While the guys were in Utah they found out that two houses were up for sale in the same street and even next to each other, which was perfect. Maybe it was even fate. And after that everything happened pretty fast. After calling their wives , who had decided to stay home and give their husbands a little time for a guy's trip only, they got the okay from them to buy the houses.

Both Cleo and Dawn trusted their husbands and knew they wouldn't buy something that was run down or looked like absolute shit, so they gave their okay. After that Dawn also started looking for jobs in Utah and found one that sounded pretty good. With a bit of persuasion, she was able to persuade the boss to wait a few more weeks until they finally officially lived in Utah, and it actually worked. Now she was starting her new job next week.

Cleo would love to get a job and support her family, too. But their babygirl was only five months old, almost six, and the young woman wanted to spend as much time with the kids as possible. And Jax told her many times not to worry about it. It was his wish for his wife to stay at home and raise their kids. Of course, if she wanted to go back to work one day that was absolutely fine with him, he wasn't some caveman who kept his wife in their house.

But for now he felt better with her being home and enjoying the time with the kids. And honestly, three kids could be just as stressful as a whole day at work, if not worse and Jax appreciated everything his wife did.

His wife. He still smiled when he remembered their wedding day four months ago. It had been absolutely perfect. No fights, no stress, they had everyone they loved around them. The location Tig and Lyla had picked out surprised everyone at how beautiful it was and Katelynn's baked goods and food was delicious, just like expected.

Jax giving up his Kutte was still a big loss for the club but they accepted his decision and so did the Mayans, who were also guests at the wedding of course, after Enrico told them about his plans and that he wanted out.

As Dawn got out of her car, she helped Cleo with the kids and smirked at the fact that her best friend still drove around in her sports car. The Teller woman had refused to get an SUV or any other car, the love for her car was just too big and the boys loved driving with her.

“Your car is gonna be the highlight in this street”, Dawn chuckled after letting Abel out of the car and scooping Thomas, who was officially her nephew now, into her arms. “Look how fascinated our husbands are because of two simple houses”, the meanwhile blonde added with a smirk.

Cleo ran her fingers through her blonde hair before glancing at the two men, a soft chuckle leaving her lips. Just like Dawn, she had decided to go blonde for a while. Moving here was a fresh start, so why not change looks also?