| ⁰⁴

A knock on the door and the soft voice of her mother woke the brunette up, Katelynn telling her daughter she would leave for the diner already

A knock on the door and the soft voice of her mother woke the brunette up, Katelynn telling her daughter she would leave for the diner already. Once Cleo was able to open her eyes she stared right at the man who was next to her, his soft snores filling the room. One of his arm was loosely wrapped around her waist.

She had to admit that it felt good waking up next to him, especially with his arm around her waist holding her close even in his sleep. She couldn't help but watch him for a few minutes to take in everything. The urge to ran her fingers through his blonde hair was big but she managed to keep her shaking hands to herself.

Last night she had no chance to get the fix she needed, that's why her body was acting all weird now. She was slightly freezing but it wasn't cold, her hands were shaking and she felt nauseous but not so bad that she had to throw up.

The brunette glanced at the clock on her wall and a sigh slipped over her lips. She wanted to spend the day in bed with Jax by her side but she knew they couldn't do that.

"Is it fun staring at a sleeping man, darlin'?", the man spoke up, causing her to flinch slightly. His still sleepy, raspy morning voice sending chills down her spine. When he slowly opened his eyes, they locked with her green ones.

"There is worse to do than watching someone sleep", she mumbled softly as she gave him a weak smile.

He was very aware that his arm was around the brunette as he tightened his grip to pull her closer to him, closing the gap that was between them. She breathed in sharply at the sudden move and sunk her teeth into her bottom lip while his forehead was leaning against hers.

"You're shaking, what's going on?", she heard him ask, there was even some concern in his tone. Did he actually care about her?

"I'm fine, I have this every morning", she lied and felt immediately bad for it. Now it were two people in her life she had to lie to. Her mother and Jax. But the chance he would leave and never come see her again if he would find out was big; and that was the last thing she wanted. Around him, she finally felt something again.

She could see the sceptical look in his eyes, yet he nodded briefly and ran his hand up her back, earning a pleasant sigh from the brunette. She gained a little more courage now that they were already this close and put one leg over his, her face buried in the crook of his neck.

"Thank you for letting me stay", Jax said after a while, making her look up at him. Their faces were only millimeters apart. He wasn't sure what came over him when he let his lips ghost over hers, causing her to gasp softly. He knew he shouldn't do this while his Old Lady was waiting at home, but it was the woman next to him that made him feel like he was home.

"We── we can't do this", she gently pushed him away but her whole body screamed for the man who just tried to kiss her. Climbing over him so she could get out of her bed, she stumbled over the bottles on the floor, making her curse under her breath. "You have a family. I don't wanna be the one ruining that."