| ²³

༄

While the days passed Gemma felt like an outsider more and more

While the days passed Gemma felt like an outsider more and more. She almost lost her family once and now that she was finally back in, gaining back a bit of control she wouldn't let anyone take it away from her again⸻ especially not from a woman her son dated, again.

Cleo wasn't trying to get rid of Gemma but the matriarch wasn't a fan of her. At first, the brunette seemed to fit into that lifestyle perfectly since she kinda grew up with her brother being in a club. But that was the problem now⸻ her brother and his club.

Maybe they found a solution this time but what about next time? What if next time wouldn't end so well? Sure, Cleo's ex couldn't start shit anymore now that he was dead. But maybe Cleo's father would cause problems in the future. Gemma was sure Enrico wouldn't go against his father but her son would be stupid enough to get in trouble to protect his Old Lady.

If Cleo was smart, she would pack her shit and leave her son alone. This way no one would get hurt⸻ at least not physically. The heartbreak would fade over time and it would be worth it for Gemma if that would save her family. So, she had to get rid of Cleo before worse would happen and the only person who would help her with that was Tara.

Parking her SUV in front of Tara's new apartment, she got out and grabbed her bag before walking over to the door. It took her lots of courage to ask her former almost daughter in law for help, especially after how things ended between them⸻ but it was for her son.

"Wow, you were the last one I expected", Tara said almost amused after she opened the door, a brow raised at the older woman. "I don't have much time for your bullshit, Gem. Jax is gonna drop off the kids and I wanna spend my time with them in peace."

"I know I know", Gemma waved her hand and stepped inside the apartment before Tara even offered her to come inside. "Close the door, we need to talk."

"About what?", the former doctor asked suspiciously and closed the door. Curious about what Gemma had to say, she led her into the living room.

"You still want your revenge on Cleo?", Gemma came right to the point.

"What?", Tara snorted a laugh. "Is this some kind of trap, Gemma?"