| ⁴⁰

The turmoil of the hospital rushed past him, bouncing off him as he paced up and down the white, depressing hallway

The turmoil of the hospital rushed past him, bouncing off him as he paced up and down the white, depressing hallway. His hands kept slipping through his slicked back hair, some strands had already loosened and were hanging in his face from all the ruffling.

His thoughts could hardly be silenced so many were buzzing around in his head, but then there were seconds when it was completely quiet in his head and his body was filled with nothing more than revenge against his mother.

Dawn, who was waiting with him for a doctor to finally come and tell them what was wrong with Cleo, had tried everything to calm Jax down a bit, although she herself was distraught and had a hard time thinking positive. Enrico was still at the police station and would have to remain there until Cleo was able to make a statement to confirm that Enrico had acted out of pure self defense.

But if she would lose her nerve now too, that wouldn't help anyone. Again she tried to get Jax to stop by putting a hand on his arm and looking at him intensely, asking him to look at him as well. For a moment he gave her the attention she wanted.

"Look, she'll be fine. Cleo's been through worse", the brunette said calmly but the nervousness in her eyes gave away that she wasn't as optimistic as she tried to be.

"It's not the injuries I'm worried about, Dawn! Her father pulled a gun on our daughter, she had to watch him threaten a newborn baby. Then she watched him getting shot. And we don't even know if that's all that happened", he scoffed, his voice cracking towards the end.

Because of him Cleo had been through so much shit already that he really had no idea how to make up for it. Even though it was her father that showed up, it was because his mother made him. When he arrived at the hospital he had a quick moment where he was allowed to talk to Cleo, that's when she told him what happened.

She was still too weak to tell him everything, yet she managed to give him enough information to let him know what had happened and promised him to explain the rest once she's back on her feet, which was hopefully soon.

After Enrico called the ambulance he made sure to call Dawn and let her know that the paramedics had to get the police involved, which he knew that would happen the moment he gave them a call. And as much as he hated to talk to the Cops, this time he had to.

"I know I know", Dawn nodded quickly. "And she'll need some time to get over this but she has you, Jax."

The blonde ran a hand over his face, letting out a deep sigh. Deep down he knew she was right. Cleo would recover from this but the events would always come back somehow. In her dreams, flashbacks caused by the trauma, every time she walked into their house.

No, he couldn't let that happen. Gemma needed to go and then he needed to get his family out of this poisonous town and away from all the bad memories. He had made his choice, now all he had to do was implement it.