| ²⁵

A long week in the hospital had passed and it was finally time to go home. Due to Abel's heart defect, they wanted to keep him a little longer just in case. Cleo on the other hand was allowed to go home two days ago but she didn't want to leave Abel alone.

The same evening after their accident Cleo had asked a nurse if it would be okay to share a room with Abel so both of them wouldn't be alone. Since they were on different floors it was a little complicated, yet the nurse managed to make it work, which Cleo was really grateful for.

Jax was there as often as possible, coming in the morning and leaving when visiting hours were over. It was easier for him, too, that both his son and his girlfriend shared a room. This way he didn't have to swap floors all the time.

Thomas stayed with him most of the time but Tara made sure to check on her son regularly. Everyday before Jax left in the morning she made sure to stop by his house, using Thomas as excuse. But inwardly she also wanted to see Jax, see how he was doing.

To her annoyance, he still pushed her away when she tried to fight her way back. He didn't give her a chance and it started to piss her off greatly. Cleo should be dead by now. But apparently Gemma were too stupid to get the job done. Instead, the older woman even hurt Abel and Thomas.

A car stood in the driveway, one she didn't recognize but it stood there since a few days. So, she assumed Jax got them a new car since Cleo's was at TM in the workshop. With a smirk forming on her face, Tara got out of her car and confidently walked over to knock on the door.

It was opened only a second later, which meant Jax was already on his way. He looked so exhausted with a hint of sadness in his eyes. It annoyed the former doctor that he was still grieving the loss of Cleo and his child. It would've never worked anyway. It hadn't even been a real baby by the time she lost it. In her eyes both of them were overdramatic about this. From Margaret, who wasn't suspended anymore, she got all the information on Cleo and how the woman was doing.

Unlike Gemma, Tara felt nothing at all. No guilt, no sympathy. Actually, she was glad this happened. Yes, it wasn't fair that the baby didn't make it but shit happens, right? Gemma on the other hand hated herself for causing that accident and kill her own grandchild.

"Jax, hey", Tara's smirk was quickly replaced by a compassionate smile. "I thought we could have some breakfast together."

The brunette held up a paper bag from the restaurant down the street. "Your favorite."

The blonde wasn't pleased at all. Tara's visits got on his nerve. He wasn't stupid, he knew what she tried to do. It wasn't like him at all but, he wanted nothing more than to slap that fake smile off her face. She was using the death of his unborn child to get back to him. How did he never notice what kind of person Tara really was? He must've been blind and an idiot.

"Tara, just stop coming over all the time", he said harshly, clearly done with her bullshit. "You can pick up the boys on Friday. Before that I don't wanna see you at my house or near my family again, understand?"

Her face dropped at his harsh words and she looked at him with a scowl on her face. "Is that how you say thank you?"

"For what?", Jax scoffed. Now she was pushing his buttons.

"I'm trying to be here for you, Jax! You just lost a child, that's awful. Jesus, I just want you to know that I'm still here for you. It doesn't matter what happened between us", she explained while stretching out her left arm to put her hand on his.

A bitter laugh left his throat, quickly pulling his arm away before she could even touch him. He felt nothing but disgust for the woman he once loved so much.