| ¹⁰

After a quick, cold shower Jax didn't bother to put on a shirt in his own house

After a quick, cold shower Jax didn't bother to put on a shirt in his own house. The man slipped in a fresh pair of boxers and his jeans, his eyes landing on the pictures on top of the dresser. Old pictures.

He only noticed now that Tara and him hadn't done any pictures in the last half year, none of them would look as happy as they did on those old pictures from years ago. A smile hushed over his face as his eyes landed on a picture of Abel holding Thomas for the first time.

One good thing had his relationship with Tara; their little boy. But not even the kids could save their relationship anymore, nothing could. Too many things happened. Tara turned cold and distant, lost herself in work hardly finding time for her family. And her hatred for the club was their biggest problem.

Yet Jax knew it wasn't only her fault their relationship turned to shit. He wasn't always faithful. Ima had been in his bed more than once, which was probably the biggest mistake he made while being with Tara. He was young and stupid; even self-destructive. Today he wouldn't make such a mistake again, especially not with Cleo by his side.

The day he met her, before he had even talked to her, he knew she was different than Tara and he hadn't been wrong. Maybe it was advantageous that she was already familiar with the club life due to her brother; it made things a lot easier for them. But it wasn't just that, Cleo's whole personality was much different.

The warmth she radiated was making him feel things he never did with Tara and that had to mean something. He would've never thought it was possible to love someone more than Tara but now with Cleo, he knew it was possible.

Her addiction was worrying him, yes, but it wasn't a reason for him to end things with her. She was determined to stay sober and he believed her. When he left, Enrico had followed him outside and assured him she was doing this withdrawal for him and his kids, not for herself in the first place but for them.

This could be the first healthy relationship in his life and he would support Cleo in everything, especially the addiction problem. It was also his fault his son was born in such a condition, he had left Wendy alone and didn't bother to check on her. That was another mistake in his life he made, he wouldn't do it again with Cleo.

Sighing, he ran a hand over his face, feeling drained already and he hadn't even talked to Tara yet. This conversation wouldn't end well and he already knew it. Most conversations ended in a fight between them recently.

Gemma had left a note that she took the boys to the park, meant he had a few minutes alone with Tara before his mother and sons would be back. Then he would explain everything to Gemma and make clear to stay away from Cleo if she was planning on snooping around in his new relationship again; he couldn't deal with her controlling shit again but that's exactly what his mother did with Wendy and Tara; and would probably do again. Either she accepted his new girlfriend or she needed to stay away. He was done letting others have influence on his love life.