𝐏𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜

"Sweet as sugar, cold as ice. Hurt me once, I'll break you twice."

__________

Si Woo

Ah, another school trip. I guess I'll just go somewhere to be alone and just draw. I just arrived as I took one of the front seats. I glanced at the empty seat beside me.

Nothing unusual for me to be alone. Ain't complaining though. I took my phone and earphones out and played a song while looking out the window. 

While I was waiting for the bus to start I saw someone's reflection in the window glass. A girl?

I couldn't see her face in the reflection but I didn't want to look at her anyways. I assume this was the only seat left. The bus started moving and the girl put on her headphones.

Another silent ride.

Wait, what the fuck? Is she... staring at me? 

Why?

I could finally see her face in the reflection now because she was looking my way. The new girl. The girl that brought me my bag. What's her name again? Steve?

What? No, that's a guy's name. Her name-

"No!"

Jesus! I turned around and looked at her. My volume was full but I still heard her scream. I removed one my earphones and as I did, I heard her mumble something.

"Now I can't even listen to music... "

She put her phone and headphones back and slumped down on the seat while blowing on her long bangs to remove them from her face. 

She looked disappointed and annoyed at the same time. I glanced at the earbud in my hand and then back at her and then offered her it, by holding it out towards her.

Why the heck did I do that? Well... she was nice enough to take my bag. Yeah, just returning the favor, right? She just stared at it looking confused. She started to say something but before she did I put the earphone in her ear and looked out the window again without saying anything.

Should I... at least thank her for yesterday? I looked at her again.

Why can't I just say it?

I was still looking at her.

Her eyes ,glistening. Her lips, wet and her eyes were small. She has cute eyes. And she has double eyelids. Her butterfly eyeliner was neatly done along with some mascara that made her lashes look longer. Long black hair and... chubby cheeks with natural pink tint.

She looked away. She's somehow... pre-

Ah no, shut up Si Woo.

I looked away. We listened to music without saying anything to each other. I kind of liked it. But for some reason I couldn't take it anymore and just had to glance at her again.

She was... asleep and I found myself staring at her. She has a long nose bridge and she was furrowing her eyebrows a bit. Is something troubling her?

I heard some girl yell in the back having a really 'serious' conversation with someone and as she did the girl next to me furrowed her brows even more. Is the noise bothering her?

I took the earphone out of my ear and gently put it in hers. She was the only one listening to the music now. Her face muscles loosened and she looked... peaceful. So I was right.