𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞

'It's hard to turn the page when you know that someone won't be there anymore, but the story must go on.'

__________

Minji

10 PM,  I finally gave up. It's dark outside and I've tried everything. I can't find him or get in contact with him. My dad was still out so I was home alone but it's good, I want to be alone right now.

I looked through the window and the moon along with the stars were alight. 

"Dahyun-" I said looking at the brightest star. "I think I lost him. I don't think he'll forgive me. Did you really send him?-" I stuttered and my eyes were getting teary again but still the tears didn't drop. They dared not to escape my eyes. "If you did, I'm sorry for loosing him. I seem to always hurt those closest to me." 

I scoffed but still continued. "And I thought Si-Woo and I could actually become something more than friends. But now it seems like he won't think of me as anything to him. But you know what I don't blame him. If I were him, I wouldn't forgive me too. I would've gotten hurt. I wish he would give me another chance but... if I were him, would I trust myself after today? I don't know, I don't think I would."

Saying so I closed my eyes and a tear finally fell from my eyes, cascading down to my cheek and towards my neck. As I refuse to wipe it off, I lower myself on the bed and finally rest.

I found my anti depressants useless after spending a few days with Si-Woo. He made me love myself and I hurt him. He told me that I come first and yet I dared to stoop so low. It's my fault, I accept. I just want him to tell me it's okay but he can't and he won't.

But it's okay. I'm okay.

When I woke up, I immediately held my phone and searched for any messages or calls from a specific person.

None.

I kept checking after a few minutes if he was online, and he was, sometimes. Yet he didn't reply. Of course, why would he? I want to clear all this up but I understand why he was reacting in such a way. So I'm not gonna bother him, I've already tried my best.

My phone started to ring, I picked it up without looking at the caller id.

"Hello?"

"Hey cutie."

Haneul?