𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞

"If you could read my mind, you'd be in tears."

__________

Minji

"Are you nervous?"

Ji-ah whispered to me, as I sat down beside her.

"Should I be?"

She shrugged while looking in front. I stared at her for 10 seconds before turning around to put my jacket on the back of my chair. As I did, I couldn't help but notice this guy who was sitting behind me, looking at me.

He had a blank expression on his face. As if, he wasn't actually looking at me and could see through me. Like I was invisible.

His eyes were... empty. Expressionless.

'Weird... Why can't I read him?' Like I said, it was easy for me to tell the basics like if said person was into sports or drawing by a glance, but this guy was something else. I couldn't tell anything. 'Who cares?'

I relaxed and focused on the blackboard, avoiding any questions in my head about said boy.

~

Ji-ah and I took a seat on the brown bench outside the school for break. Since the weather was nice, the students were outside for recess.

"So is your school actually shut down?"

"Yeah, I told you so."

"Wow, I thought you were just messing with me when you said you were transferring."

"Why would I lie?"

"Anyways, how 'bout I tell you about the students now that you've already seen the school."

Ji-ah had shown me around the school before we had head outside for our break and I was already familiar with the surroundings.

"Like... the school labels."

"Oh, like in 'Mean Girls'?"

"What?"

"You know that teen movie where a girl transfers to another school and then--"

"Never mind that."

 She cut me off mid sentence. How dare she? I pouted while looking at her and then turned around, crossing my arms over my chest. I'm comfortable with her, that's the only reason I'm so weird with her.

"Anyways, you see those guys over there-" She said while pointing towards 3 good looking boys talking to each other. "-those there, are 'The flower boys'. They're like the most beautiful men at our school. Three types." She paused and then pointed towards a boy who seemed shorter than the other 2 boys before continuing. "The cute one. He's the guy everyone wants to cuddle with."

You looked at the boy again.

"He's a dancer, isn't he?"

"You're already analyzing him?"

"I don't intentionally do it, it's just natural. I can't stop my eyes from looking. Okay?"