𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭

"Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it pleases, and it pleases wherever it goes."

__________

Si-Woo

I stop walking and lean over the fence. It's her birthday today and she can't celebrate it because she's... gone.

And she's never coming back, because of me. It's all my fault.

I took a deep breath as I felt my eyes getting teary. I miss her. I miss her so much. I wish I could turn back time. I hate myself. Should I just-

I looked over the fence. The river was unsteady, I could easily drown. I closed my eyes feeling a cool breeze on my face. Should I just di-

"Si-Woo?"

I heard someone call my name. "Minji?" She smiled. I don't think she figured out what I was about to do.

"What are you doing here?" She asked as she walked closer to me.

"Just taking a walk. You?" 

"Uhm- same." She's lying. I can tell by the way she hesitated. Why would she come here though?

"Do you wanna hang out for a bit?" The question caught me off guard and I was a bit surprised. "Apparently a new café opened around here. I heard it's near this bridge. So, do you want to come with me?" She continued with a smile plastered on her face.

"I won't take no as an answer so come on." She said as I was about to say something. She took my hand and pulled me along with her.

"Why didn't you come to school today?" She asked as we sat down at a table. "I had my reasons." 

A waiter came by and took our order after which Minji excused herself to the washroom.

Minji

I ran towards the sink and splashed some water over my face as I exhaled deeply. My mind is blowing right now, it's filled with so many thoughts that I just can't take it anymore. I put my hands over my hips and walk for a bit to ease off a bit.

I went to the Mapo bridge because of the incident last year, I just suddenly remembered it and I just felt like going there. A part of me wanted to jump and I was going to but when I saw Si-Woo, my mind just drifted and I completely forgot anything about jumping off.

I was gonna try to kill myself, again. I was going to do it. This kind of guilt feeling is always there when it's her birthday. I forget everything I had promised myself.

When I saw Si-Woo, I knew he was gonna try something too. I'm not overreacting. I panicked and walked up to him because I thought he was gonna jump off. And I couldn't think of a better solution.

I was worried he was gonna jump off, when I was there to do the same. 

But I'm seriously tensed now. I can't leave him alone. What if he tries to do it again? What if I try to do something again?