𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬

"The darkest nights have the brightest stars"

__________

Minji

I got on the bus as my eyes immediately started searching for a seat with a window next to it. Thankfully there weren't a lot of people so I managed to find one easily. I looked at my arm as I sat down, smiling. 

He's really good at drawing. I recalled everything that had happened in the past couple hours. People probably thought of me as a lunatic because of how much I was smiling.

We went to the café. Then the pastry shop and then to the bus stop. After that I gave him my number.

I gave him my number.

Wait. I GAVE HIM MY NUMBER?!

Why the fuck did I do that? Did he get the wrong idea? OMG what did I do?

I grabbed my hair in frustration and a few people looked at me with a scared expression. I always end up looking like a psycho on buses. Maybe I'm just not meant to go on buses. 

~

"I'm home."

I said after entering my house. My dad looked at me and a smile formed on his face. "You're smiling."

"Yes, should I not?"

"No, of course you should. It's just that your smile just suddenly disappears on this day." This day? Oh.

It's Dahyun's birthday. Shit. That was so shameless of me. The smile was long gone from my face. I was happy to spend time with Si-Woo that I completely forgot about the day.

I looked down at the cake in my hand and I felt my eyes getting teary. My dad saw my condition and immediately stood up.

"We don't have to celebrate it if it makes you sad." I shook my head. "No, that's exactly why we need to celebrate it. I deserve it."

"Minji-ah stop it! Do you think she would want you to be sad on her birthday?"

I ignored his question as I went towards the table in the middle of the living room.

My house wasn't quite big but it wasn't small either. There were two small floors. Entering the house on the right side we had a living room, a few couches and a table where I had just kept the cake on. On the opposite side of it, was the kitchen. Beside the kitchen were two rooms, one was for guests and the other one was mine. Upstairs was my dad's room and another room for guests. 

I sat down as my dad got some candles.

"Dahyun. Happy birthday. You're 21 now. I got a bittersweet cake for you because I know how much you liked these cakes. Of course someone helped me since you know I can't eat anything bitter. I'll tell you more later but I hope you're doing okay. I'm doing really well too."

I lied as I blew the candles out.

After cleaning up a little I went back to my room and just laid down on my bed, hands on my abdomen. I turned my head towards the window.