𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟕

I still couldn't believe that I actually agreed to her request

I still couldn't believe that I actually agreed to her request. What the fuck happened to me? Forgiving others was never my specialty. Granting someone a second chance? Nah! That was a foreign concept to me. Yet, against all odds, I found myself going to great lengths for her.

That tiny human had managed to disrupt every fiber of my existence.

Lena had somehow found a way to crack the wall I had built around my heart, and it wouldn't be long before she obliterated them completely and that thought filled me with a sense of apprehension. Lena possessed a natural kindness and goodness that wasn't in my realms.

Would she still embrace me once she discovered the depths of the darkness within me? Would she still embrace me once she uncovers the depths of my dark secrets? Could she possibly accept me once she learned about my true intentions towards her? even though things were different now. Will she find it in her heart to accept me, knowing the real me ?

I was devil. I was dirty. I was used. My soul was broken. My heart was frozen.

And there was she an angel wrapped in a white innocence. She was filled with warmth and happiness.

However, I couldn't ignore the way my shattered soul flames with an undeniable intensity every time our eyes met.She had a mysterious charm, something indescribable yet utterly enchanting...I couldn’t wrap my finger around, but something that made me almost feel…human. she awakened some inexplicable emotion deep within the cavernous void of my heart.

I couldn't bring myself to acknowledge this emotion. Call me a coward if you like, but I simply didn't give a fuck. I couldn't allow the history to repeat itself. The thought haunted me, what if she decided to walk away from me? What if she suddenly realised I wasn't good for her? What if she found another person...someone who truly deserved her?

I wouldn't be able to bear that pain once more. The scars from my past still weighed heavily on my heart. I was just protecting myself from that soul-wrenching pain by not giving name to these feelings and emotions.

She was mine, yet I knew I could never hold her back if she ever chose to walk away. So instead, all I wanted was to cherish every moment I had with her. I desired to fulfill all her every small and big dreams, to be the cause of her happiness and the sparkle in her eyes.

I longed to be the reason behind every breath she took and every beat of her heart. I yearned to immerse her deeply...so deeply in my soul that she would forever remain mine, with me, even if she decided to leave.

I abruptly paused my thoughts as I heard a knock resonating through my door. Immediately, I straightened my posture and said,

"Enter."

As the door swung open, a surge of anger coursed through my veins upon witnessing the person who dared to enter. However, I suppressed my fury as I laid eyes on her--Lilliana, clad in a black trench coat and scarf was wrapped around her neck, approached me with an enticing stride.