𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟏

As the doctor stand infront us

As the doctor stand infront us. The invisible chains wrapped around my neck, making it hard for me to breathe. The knot in my stomach tightened almost painfully. My heart was racing. My hands were shivering. I was scared..so scared.

Never in my life, I felt this way. My fear overpowered all emotions.

"How is he?" Adam asked desperately to the doctor. Standing up from the chair. Izzy was holding my arm.

Please God.

"We have stiched the wound but he has lost so much blood..." Doctor said, looking at Adam. "Alaric needs blood." Doctor completed. I saw Adam tensed.

"Then what are you waiting for. Get him the blood." I yelled. My desperation was evident in my voice. Izzy rubbed my back.

"Calm down, Ellie." She whispered. I couldn't understand. Her words didn't making any sense for me now. Only Alaric was in my mind.

"I am sorry but we don't O negetive type at this moment." Doctor said. His expression masked with sorry.

"My blood is O negetive and I am healthy enough to donate." I revealed almost instantly, stumbling forward.

"Let's go, doctor." I hurriedly said. Walking infront of him. The doctor eyed my appearance. I knew he was confused about my identity.

The doctor nodded and without wasting a moment. He took me the room. Asked me sit on a reclining chair before going outside. I sat there patiently.

The doctor came after few minutes later with paper pad and a pen. He gave me the paper. "This is confidential medical history. You've to fill this." I took the pen from him and began filling it.

It includes questions about behaviors known to carry a higher risk of bloodborne infections - infections that are transmitted through blood. I hurriedly filled it give back to him. The doctor checked and nodded in confirmation.

The doctor also took a brief physical exam in which he checked my blood pressure, pulse and temperature. A small sample of blood is taken from my finger prick and is used to check the oxygen-carrying part of your blood (hemoglobin level). I've met all the other screening requirements, I can donate blood now.

The doctor asked me extend my arm on armrest. A blood pressure cuff was placed around my upper arm, which popped up my veins, easier to see. Then, he cleaned the skin on the inside of my elbow.

I hissed and closed my eyes when a needle was inserted into my vein on my arm. This needle is attached to a thin, plastic tube and a blood bag.

"What's your relationship with Alaric?" I heard the doctor asking. Opening my eyes, I looked at him. His wrinkled eyes was already on me.

Who I am to him? What is my place in his life apart from being his fake wife?

"His..his fr-friend." I whispered avoiding his eyes.