𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟒

I removed the lid and put my nose forward to smell the soup which I was preparing for Alaric

I removed the lid and put my nose forward to smell the soup which I was preparing for Alaric. I closed my eyes in bliss. It smelled tasty. My lips curled up as I turned off the stove and pour the soup into the container. I also packed the food which I prepared for Adam.

I was so happy that Alaric was fine. After he woke up. Adam asked me to take some rest and freshen up. So, after taking a shower I decided to cook for both of them. Soup was best for Alaric as he didn't eaten anything.

I put the containers inside the bag, placing it on the kitchen island. I headed to Alaric's room to grab a pair of clothes. I went inside his closet. It was much bigger than mine. Filled with all types of men clothes, footwear and accessories. One thing I noticed was he didn't have any half sleeved clothes.

I silde the glass door of cabinet where all sweatshirt and hoodies were hanging. I pulled out a black hoodie, then opened another cabinet I took out a grey sweatpant. Slide the door closed of the cabinet and I grabbed a pair of white shoes.

I turned around, then something caught my eyes. I walked forward and stand infront of the glass rack, lights were illuminating inside. I slide the door opened, pushed the clothes forward. I saw a large wooden box. It looked old.

Should I open it?

No, He will get angry.

I brought my hand up to opened it but stopped in midway. I didn't knew why my mind doesn't allow me to open it. I put the box inside back and came out of the room. I went downstairs and grabbed my bag. I placed the clothes in the another bag then, came out of penthouse.

I found Ethan standing there. Getting inside the car we drove off to the hospital. In less than two hours I found myself inside the hospital.

Smiling, I made my way to his room. I was only a few feet away when I heard Adam yelling. My eyebrows pulled up in a frown.

Adam continued yelling. When I heard Alaric's voice, I finally snapped out of my daze and walked forward until I was standing in front of the door.

Then, my heart stuttered to a stop, my chest contracting painfully when I heard his words...Alaric's words. My legs weakened, and my stomach twisted. I suddenly felt nauseous.

"She is my fake wife for a year and a good little fuck that's it."

"Nothing more. She's is nothing to me. Absolutely nothing. I married her so I can use her according to my plan."

I choked back a sob. Having heard enough, I pushed away from the door.

A good little fuck.

She is nothing to me.

I was paralyzed after hearing him. I knew I meant nothing to him but hearing from his mouth was hurting so much. Bringing a shaky hand to my mouth, I tried to control my breathing.