𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

I could feel him, his warm presence

I could feel him, his warm presence. His presence was overwhelming even with a distance between us. I could smell him as we were standing in the middle of the room. His intoxicated scent was lingered around every where.

I wanted to turned and wrap my arms around him, sink in his warmth. He was so close to me, yet so far out of reach.

There was a invisible wall between us from the starting. I couldn't break it or couldn't cross it. How could I, when he himself didn't wanted me. He was the one who made this wall. He didn't let me cross it.

I wasn't supposed to meet him.

I wasn't supposed to be with him.

I wasn't supposed to be his wife.

And most important, I wasn't supposed to fall in love
with him.

He said, loving him was my mistake that I was just going to hurt myself in the end. But couldn't he see that I was hurt, so much hurt. I felt pain from seeing him in pain. Watching him so distant from me, seeing him so cold and withdrawn from me, that was hurt me the most.

Everytime, I saw him fighting with his pain, his nightmares, his miseries, his inner demons and himself. Alone. I wanted him to come to me, to speak about his miseries, his pain. So that I could help him. I felt someone pierced my heart and body with needles, whenever I saw him in pain. He needed to understand that, I was with him. In every ups and downs.

I wanted to take his pain away and give him the love and happiness which he deserved. I wanted take his darkness away and filled his life with bright light and beautiful colours. I was ready to do anything for him. I just wanted see his beautiful smile on his face.

I hated him. I hated him for giving me mixed signals, one moment, he shows like he care about me, like he too had feelings for me and next moment he become so cold, soo.... distant that I couldn't even reach him again.

I hate you. I hate you for coming in my life. I hate you for making me feel this way. I hate you for tempting me and leaving me hanging. I hate you for making me fall in love with you.

But reality is different, no matter how much I tried to control myself. I couldn't stop thinking about him. I couldn't stop feeling about him. I couldn't stop caring him. I couldn't stop falling in love with him.

I knew, he was scared, scared to attached with someone. I wanted to tell him that he didn't need to be scared. I will never leave him in any situation but he made me feel like I'm the problem.

I turned around and faced him. The moon in the sky placed a soft glow on his hardened face. His jaw was clenched and I saw him gritted his teeth. His face was masked with cold dark expression.

Expect the harshness on his face.

He looked beautiful.

My heartbeat turned erratic, and I breathed through my nose, forcing a deep gulp of air. I bite my bottom lip as I looked at him. His posture was rigid. His hands were fisted on his sides. He was clenching and unclenching his fist. Stopping himself from give in. I could feel the tension in his body.

"Lena" He said. There was a little bit of helplessness in his voice. Otherwise his tone was cold and distant.

I released a heavy sigh before stepping closer to him. Each step I took was hard. Standing in front of him, I was going to touch him but before I could he grabbed my wrist and pulled away.

He never let me touch him. It hurts, it hurts so much. But he didn't leave my hand. He was standing still holding my hand and it was enough for me. He was atleast holding my hand. I was happy with whatever I was getting from him.

May be one day he will let me in. Let me touch him. Let me feel him.

A sigh of relief expelled from the most inner part of me. I felt myself become calm from the warmth of his body, looking up directly in his beautiful ocean blue eyes. "You think, you don't deserved to be happy, you think, you don't deserved to be loved right?"

He didn't said anything, his hard gaze was fixing on a wall behind me. But I knew he was listening. So I continued. "I just want to let you know that you're loved. No matter how much you're convinced that everything about you is unlovable."

His eyes snapped to mine, his gaze was so intense, filled with confusion. but I still continued, swallowing hard. Tears welled up in my eyes. But I stopped them. I softly whispered. "You are loved, Alaric. I love you."

I loved him more than anything. I loved him more than my life. I loved him more than I think I should. I loved him more than my own skin. I loved him more than he can Imagine. I loved him more than any phrase can describe.

He inhale a sharp breath at my words and clenched his jaw. He pinched his eyes, before opening them. Emotions flickering in his intense blue eyes. His body shudderred under my touch. Pain visible on his beautiful face. His grip tighten on my hand in most painful manner and

"You just have to let me in" I paused. stopping myself from breaking down. Now the tears were freely running down faster from my eyes, wetting my cheeks. "Let me, let me wipe your tears, let me kiss your scars, let me love you like no one has done before, let me hold you so so...close that you'll never"

"Let me heal you......"

Ah, here's the prologue

I hope you like it.

Share your thoughts in the comments section.

Thankyou for reading.

Please do vote, comments and follow.

See you in next update.
Take care, cupcakes..🤍