𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟎

I was lying back against the headrest, my eyes closed, my hands were playing with my necklace

I was lying back against the headrest, my eyes closed, my hands were playing with my necklace. It was almost mid-night, and I couldn't sleep. All I could think about was the moment at the hotel. That Every time, the same images flashed behind my eyes. How he turned his back to me after our moment. How his eyes turned cold in a blink of eyes.

The moment was so pleasurable for me. I was enjoying with him. Even when he was sitting quite but it changed in a second. It hurt me. It hurt me so much cause Alaric only came close to me when it was realated to do something sexual the least he could do was not making feel like used. It had been few days since that incident. He was gone after that night.

When I woke up next morning I found his text. I was his assistant I knew his sudden disappearance wasn't related to buisness. I felt like he was hiding from me. Like today he came late at night and directly went to his room without saying a word.

Also, the very next morning I got my contraceptive shot as the doctor came to the penthouse. Telling me that Alaric told her. I badly wanted to talk to him. I got down from the bed and wore my slippers. I walked out of my room and enter insider the elevator pressed the number of his floor. Getting out of it, I walked to his bedroom.

I hardly came to this floor. Taking a deep breath, I knocked on his door but met with silence. I knocked again. I wouldn't let him sleep after ruining mine. I knocked again but this time I applied much force causing the door to opened itself. It wasn't locked.

I peeked inside to find it empty. I slowly entered inside. This is the first time, I was in his bedroom. It smells just like him. His cologne was mixed in the air. His bedroom had three floor to ceiling windows paired with thick black silk curtains.

His room interior was mixed of black, grey and steel. It was much bigger than mine. One window wall was opened to the balcony.

There was a massive circular canopy bed in the middle, with black silk bedsheet, pillows and duvet, which was messed up. Side tables were presented on the both sides of bed.

The floor was covered with fluffy expensive rug. By one wall there was a sofa set with a glass table, also with two floor cushions. It also had mini bar.

I eyed the mouth freshener and ashtray on the glass table. Few empty bottles of alcohol rolling on the floor. How much is this man drink? It's doesn't good for his health.

By other wall there was couch with a folded blanket. A large vanity. But Alaric wasn't in the room. His phone, watch and wallet was placed on the side table.

I knew he wasn't in his study cause the lights were off when I was coming to his room. Where did he go?

"Alaric.." I called out his name. No response.

"Alaric.." Again no response.

A unwell feeling settled inside my chest. I looked around, calling out his name. Turning to the side, I saw the door of the washroom open and the lights were on.