𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖

I awoke to the loud sound of my alarm

I awoke to the loud sound of my alarm. It vibrated through my ears and I groaned. Pushing the duvet away from my face, I looked up, but quickly closed my eyes against the bright sunlight streaming into my room.

I forgot to close the curtains last night. The day before was blurred and everything felt surreal and everything was real. Blinking again, I turned off the annoying alarm. Letting my head fall back on the pillow, I let out a loud sigh. I laid in my bed, my heart thumping unsteadily in my chest.

And the reason, I was under the same roof as Alaric. I was awake when he came last night. I heard him when his footsteps stopped infront of my door and then he left without entering inside.

My heart thumped harder at the thought, just like always whenever I thought of him. When my eyes would find his, when I gazed into his face. The same bolt of electricity, the same shiver...every fucking time.

The painful emotion clawed at my chest, wanting to be let out. My heart wanted me to feel and let go but I couldn't. Like he said, I was his but he wasn't mine.

My breathing accelerated when I thought of his words from last night.

"Never touch me."

"There will be no intimidate kisses, cuddling, emotional show of affection."

The thumping of my heart grew more intense and I practically gagged at how bitter the words tasted on my tongue. It hurt, it hurt me so bad but the worst part was that I still wanted him. I wanted him to touch me. I wanted to see his marks on me. I wanted to feel him inside of me.

For me, my love was a catastrophe.

It didn't matter that it killed me, I gave him what he wanted and what he deserved.

He wanted me not to touch him. I will not touch him. He wanted me to submit to him. I will give myself to him, my heart, my body and my soul. Everything.

And I didn't wanted anything in return. I didn't expect anything from him. I will gave him, my love and my care.

I pressed my hand over my chest before taking a deep breath. I closed my eyes, and when I opened them again, I jumped out of bed. I headed to the bathroom and enter inside. This penthouse had just too much luxury and I was not used to it.

I brush my teeth and took a shower. I came out of the bathroom and enter inside the closet. I dried my body and wore my a pair of hoodie and sweatpant. I tied my hair in messy bun on top of my head. Wearing a pair of slippers and grabbing my phone, I walked out of my room.