Bonus Scene

Amanda's Death Scene:

Amanda's Point Of View

Eldon and I are sprinting down the long hallways of the warehouse. Emily is alive, so is Riley. Maybe there is a chance of survival. I know I'm only giving myself false hope right now but it's better than none at all.

Eldon stops at a door, I stumble onto him.

"Shh." He puts a finger on his lip. I nod and keep my mouth closed.

"Okay, Chloe is in this room. She won't be expecting us. We will corner her. There is another entrance over on the other side. I'll meet you inside." Eldon is drawing out the plan for me, and even though it is a quick sketch, this is better than nothing.

"Got it?" Eldon asks one last time.

I nod. He gives me a thumbs up then bolts down the hallway silently. I wait until his shadow has disappeared then I walk into the room.

This room is probably the only one in this building that doesn't have shelves or concrete floors. It looks like it is a break room. There are chairs and tables. Most of them are old and half broken but it seems to be better than any of the other rooms.

Chloe is crouched over a desk doing God-knows-what. Her back is to me so if I run now, I can still get away, but I don't.

"Chloe." I say firmly and loudly.

Chloe shoots up and turns around in a split second.

"What are you doing here?" She asks menacingly.

"It doesn't matter why I'm here." I say. My stance is hard and I don't feel like having a cat fight, though that is probably what it is going to come down to, "I know what you did. I know everything. Just stop playing games."

My opponent pulls out a gun and points it at me. On the outside, I remain frozen but on the inside I am flipping out.

"Run away, Amanda. Run away and never come back." Chloe says as she walks over to me, holding the gun an arms length away from her body.

"I will do no such thing." I start to panic on the outside.

Chloe hasn't even loaded the gun, how do I know she's not bluffing. I don't want to find out. I lunge for her weapon and knock it out of her hand. It lands across the floor, underneath the table where Chloe was crouching over. She switches her position to look at where the gun is.

Now that Chloe is out of the way, I can see what she is working on: a bomb.

"Are you crazy! Why are you going to blow this place up?" I ask her.

Chloe gives me a rueful yet threatening look.

"There is proof that I was here. Finger prints, blood samples, cell phones, computers, dead bodies! Everything will trace back to me and to this place. I can't put it somewhere so if I blow this place up to the point where dental records are useless, then, I might be able to get away with it." Chloe smirks.

"You are sick." I grimace.

"And you are dead."

"I'm alive."

"Yes, but you are good as dead." Once Chloe says the last syllable, she races to the gun, I guess it is loaded.

I follow her, a millisecond after. She dodges under the table and pushes me into the corner of it. I hit my head hard. I feel myself fall to the ground. My head is spinning and so is the room around me. Where is Eldon?

Chloe has the gun successfully in her hand. I can't let her win like this.

I jump up from my fetal position on the ground and once again, knock her weapon away from her. This time, it flies across the entire room and lands near the door in which Eldon should have come through by now.