Chapter 33

I stand as still as possible. My feet are betraying me by not even attempting to move. I hold my breath and get ready to either pounce at the person or bolt away.

"Emily!" The person emerges from the darkness cast by the trees.

I gasp.

"I've been looking everywhere for you!" The person says again.

"A-Amanda?" I finally spit out.

"Emily, where have you been?"

"What are you doing here?" I both stutter and demand.

"You were missing."Amanda seems confused but from what I know, she's a good actor.

I huff out a puff of air through my nose then turn around. I don't buy Amanda's story.

"Emily," I hear footsteps coming behind me, "do you know where you are?" The footsteps are geetting closer.

"No." I huff again.

The footsteps stop. I assume Amanda realizes I don't trust her one bit.

"Your over a hundred and fifty miles out of town!" Amanda exclaims but her voice is being drowned out by the wind that is slowly picking up.

"Are the police coming?" I ask harshly.

"I don't think so." She seems so innocent but it's all just an act.

I whip around and give Amanda the dirtiest look I have.

"Well Eldon is so I suggest you leave." I say with a high level of intensity, "Because if you don't, I will turn you into the cops and there isn't much chance of escape and innocence when you're in the back of a police car."

"What are you talking about? Stealing Richelle's stuff? Come on! I returned them and it's not like I took them, the pages were just merely copies I printed from her computer!" Amanda's defense is weak.

"Don't play dumb with me." I growl then turn around and start to leave.

"Where do you think you're going?" Amanda cries then I hear someone sprint towards me.

I stop in my tracks just so I can throw Amanda away.

"I'm going somewhere where you can't find me."

"If I can't find you, how will the anyone? And how will you get out?" She rebuttals without hesitation.

"Come to think of it, how come you are here and not anyone else?" I ask suspiciously.

"Again, you are miles out of town! I never called the police either but even if I did do you think they would be searching for you here? If you think so, you are highly mistaken. Search parties only make a fifty mile perimeter check. You have to go home. Riley is gone and do you think your parents will-"

I've been holding everything in but at the mention of Riley, I lose all control.

"You know where she is! You kidnapped her! You killed Michelle and Camille and Noah and Gabi and-" Amanda cuts me off.

"What are you saying? That I'm this supposed muderer? If so, why don't you just call the police right now? There's a pay phone right there. Here, I'll pay." Amanda says. Her poker face is strong but not enough to fool me.

"No." I whisper.

"Exactly." Amanda says then places a hand on my shoulder. I slap it off.

"Don't touch me." I say so quickly that the three words are just a jumble of sounds.