Chapter 10

History class is a bore but it's the only distraction I have. I keep thinking Michelle is behind everything. Sure Amanda has motives but I can dig up dirt on Michelle. I think I already have. Who was in her car last night?

The French Revoloution drags on. There's about five minutes left of class. I pull out a peice of paper from my note book and write down suspects.

-Michelle
-Amanda

Who else? If I can find out who Michelle was with. The thought is busting my brain.

Thankfully the bell rings and I am released from class.

"Emliy!" Another person. How come nobody talks to me when I want to talk.

"What?" I say. My voice is lacking any form of happiness.

"I heard about-"

"Yeah yeah yeah. I get it. You heard that Riley is missing and you're sorry. Well so am I. There are cops all over this school, half of the gym is a crime scene and the other half is being used as an office to torture students into telling them information about this abduction. I'm sorry that you're sorry but just so you know, you're condolences don't help anyone." I spill. I can't take it in anymore but who I see makes me feel an instant pang of regret.

"Okay, then I guess I can skip that part." A little girl says. She looks to be in sixth grade. Why isn't she in school?

"Yeah, you should." I say with the same amout of cheerfulness had in my voice earlier, "And might I ask how old you are? And how you know my name and the fact that you're not in school should get you suspended."

"Alright. I get that you're unhappy but I am too." She in closer to me but I'm tired of being scared so I bend over a bit and face her, "My school is the same as yours, even worse actually. This morning, five students were kidnapped and all of them just so happens to be my friends. There was blood found in the school. It's still unidentified but there is proof that it's not from a nose bleed. The police are confirming murder since there was a strangely mangled pair of scissors that matches the DNA found on the walls. The tests aren't done yet so the blood could be anyone's, it can be a dogs for all we know. I'll skip the gory stuff if you don't like the idea of funerals, but my school is currently closed because it is a crime scene." The little brown-haired girl talks very fast but is yet informative and sounds like a newscaster.

"Okay, hold on. Where do you go to school?" I ask, showing a little more sympathy.

"I go to the school with yellow police tapes around it. Take a walk, you can't miss it." Her tone is almost mimicking mine.

"What's your name?"

"Richelle."

"Why are you here? Why do you know my name?" I am able to add on but Richelle cuts me off.

"Enough! I was down at the police station for three hours this morning after they found the blood. I'm tired of being questioned. I want answers." She blurts.

I look down at my binder that has a copy of my scheduele.

"Alright. I have a free period. Follow me." I say and walk off without looking back to see if Richelle is following me.

I lead her outside, beside some bushes. We will be able to talk here without people coming to ask me anything.

"Ask your questions." I say.

"Where is Riley?" She asks.

"You think I know?" I respond with a signifigant amount of denial.

"I thought I'd give it a shot." She says.

"Anything else?" I ask.

"Yeah."

"What is it? I don't have all day kid."

"I have a proposal."

"And it is?"

"That you work with me to find where my friends are."

"What?" I stop in my tracks. Where is this conversation going?

"Help me."

"No. No. No way." I'm shaking my head and laughing at the thought, "I'm not teaming up with a sixth grader!"

"I'm in the seventh grade, and do you have any better ideas?"

"Yeah, as a matter of fact, I do, you team up with me."

"Wait. What?"

"It takes your breath away doesn't it?" I laugh.

"I asked first."

"And I declined. Say yes to mine and you have a deal. First my sister, then your friends."

She smirks.

"You had all night, I just had a morning. You're slow. Work with me. Even if you don't agree now, you will be begging later on." She starts to walk away. I can't let her leave. Not now. I'm starting to get intruiged.

"Wait!"

"Yes."

I grab her shoulders.

"What do you know?" I ask in a hushed whisper.

"Depends, will you join?"

I nod slightly. Richelle smiles then pulls away from my grasp.

"Riley and my friends are connected. Same person."

"How do you know that?"

"I overheard some police officers talking over evidence while I was waiting for my parents to get out."

"Uh huh." I nod.

"So, wanna help me or not? The offers going to be off the table in 3...2-"

"Fine, I will."

"Good." Richelle pulls out a piece of paper from her pocket and gives it to me.

"What is this?" I ask suspiciously.

"My address, come over after you're finished here." She limply gestures to my school then walks away.

I shove the page into my bag then walk back into the school.