Chapter 15

The air is knocked out of my lungs and I can't seem to refill it. I reread the text, hoping the words will change - or even better disappear- but it still says the same thing.

You've already messed up, do you want to do it again? And if you were wondering, I brought you here.

Whoever this person is, is close to me. They could have killed me. They still can. Maybe they are planning to get Eldon out of the way so they have a clear chance of striking the living daylight out of me.

My mind is wondering what to do. Even if I do go, I won't have anywhere to go. And if I stay, then, someone will die. What to do? I'm pulling my hair out thinking over this when the obvious answer is right in front of me. I should run.

I grab my bag and throw myself out of my car. Then I run. I don't know where I'm running.

I look back at my car as it slowly disappears into dark abyss. Suddenly, I hear a horn and see bright lights. I'm able to pry my eyes open to see the source of the blazing sight. They're headlights. Two of them. They belong on a car; Eldon's car. I stop immediately but it's not fast enough. The car rams into me and I fly onto the hood of the car. I feel Eldon slam the brakes because my body is jerked off the hood and I land on the hard concrete ground. Eldon's car stops inches from my face.

I lie on the cold pavement as I slowly revisit the life threatening scene that is playing right before my eyes.

I hear a door open.

"Emily!" Someone calls my name, "Emily!" This person is slamming on the pavement centimetres away from my nose, "EMILY! Wake up! Please wake up!" The person is done pleading, instead, they switch to a muttering, I believe this person is talking to itself, "What have I done. Omigosh. What have I done. What have I done. What have I done." The person keeps repeating the same phrase. Black spots start appearing in my vision that then turn to red. They burn. I open my eyes to see Eldon pacing up and down on a stretch of grass that is inches away from me. He sees me.

"Emily!" He cries as he dives down at me.

My eyelids feel as if they weigh a hundred pounds. I can't keep forcing them open anymore. They fall and so does my conciousness.