Chapter 52

I wake up some time later. It's dark and cold. I feel a shiver going down what I think is my spine.

Is this what death is? I would have thought it would be much more painful and horrifying. This is the complete opposite. It's quiet and painless. Where am I? Will I go to heaven? Probably not. Most people say it depends on how you have been from your time on earth. Others say it's your faith in God. I don't know if I believe any of that. All I know for sure is that I'm not cut out for heaven. The trip to hell would have been more painful, or at least, that's how I've always pictured it.

I try to test out my body, to see if it's still there. I move legs first. They won't go anywhere, but I can still feel them. I think they are roped together. I try my arms. They too don't go anywhere but I can still feel them. I know for a fact that my arms are bare because I can feel something rough on them. I don't know the texture very well but it is harsh and ucomfortable. My core is inmovable as well but, like the rest, I am able to feel it.

I feel around my body. Everything seems to be there. Then I open my eyes. Everything is still dark but now I can see. I am sitting on what I think is a chair. My legs are tied to it with a thick and prickily rope. From my stomache all the way up to my shoulders are all bundled down to the back of this chair as well. My arms are behind the back of the wooden chair. I can't turn my head around but I can feel. My wrists are still in a tight knot but this time, rope and not duct tape.

The room I am in has a very high roof and is very empty. There are racks on all of the walls but other than that, there is nothing else but me inside. The room is quite big as well. Bigger than the first floor of Richelle's house - and that's saying a lot. There aren't any lights in this room nor windows so I am in complete darkness. I know I'm not dead, I am quite alive.

A door opens from behind me. From the sound of it, it is big and heavy and metal. The room echos the footsteps as this person walks towards me. I get nervous.

I'm supposed to be with Eldon and confronting Amanda for murder. I don't know where Eldon is anymore and I'm alone in a room, completely vulnerable with someone who can potetially kill me. But what else do I have to lose?

"Well, well, well. Look who's awake." A fimiliar voice says from behind me.

"Who's there?" I say. I'm shocked I can still talk.

"Emily." The person says in a very soft and taunting voice. Where have I heard this voice before?

This person walks in front of me. I see her face and my jaw drops. It's Chloe.

"Chloe! What are you doing here? Amanda's going to come any second! Wait. Before you go, can you untie me? Who told you? Was it Eldon?" I ramble on. How did Chloe find out.

My friend seems unamused. She backs up a bit so I can see her full body. She's dressed in black with a slick ponytail. She seems completely fine, despite what she told me about being tired this morning.

"Why would I untie you if I spent half an hour chaining you to this chair in the first place?"

Chloe's rhetorical question takes me by shock.

"What?" This is making me nervous.

"I mean, Amanda isn't who you're trying to chase down, I am." Chloe says.

I take in a deep breath. Is Chloe telling the truth? Amanda is really innocent? Chloe has been killing everybody. She killed my sister. She knew everything she was doing to me and she didn't say anything. I feel like strangling her right now. I would if I weren't bounded to this stupid chair.

"You? You. You!" Each time I saw the word, it becomes more confident and fierce.

"I was me." Chloe says in her ever-so taunting voice as if it were a praise.